Where to watch the World Cup in Neihu/Nankang

The east side of Taipei is a mystery to me. We have a group of 20loud people. Don’t tell me our only option are the big screens at City Hall or Breeze - which were there in 2008 if I recall correctly.

Can someone suggest a place in the area? Most our folk live/work on that area, and we like Eddie and Gaucho, even Brass Monkey, but we need somewhere further down the blue line.

Guys help, we need a cheaper venue, or at least on the cheaper side. We got several students on a tight budget. Can slurge a bit, but limited.

https://www.facebook.com/54abbeyroad This place in Neihu is showing

How far down the blue line and cheap as in <200NT for a pint of Taiwan Beer?

1 Like

Do you really want a band of rowdy fans each with a pint if Taiwan Beer?

I guess Nangang to Ximen, anything in between.

It’s my Big Mac Index for bars in Taipei.

Try ChangeX (previously Little London) or any of the Izakayas on that street. Will be snug if you bring 20 people.

I really like BeerGeek, but it will be snug if you’re bringing 20 people

Sober Mixology, I pass by this place often and it’s pretty quiet, so you won’t have an issue if you bring 20 people.

Honestly, any of the American chain restaurants like Hooter’s, Gordon Birsch, Fridays, Chili’s or Texas Roadhouse will have a bar area and you can get away with 低消 in beers. I can’t really comment on the atmosphere, but that wasn’t part of the criteria :wink:

As long as we can scream to our heart’s content…

Wonder where the Mexican and Brazilian students are going?

Got this pic from one of my classmates who lives in Moscow:

FB_IMG_1529557832720

The Mexican fans giving locals an eyeful, LOL.

Hello

Does anyone know if any of the bars behind the Red House set up a big screen to watch the game? Now that would be a great place to watch the matches.

Which bar did you guys end up going to yesterday?

Ended up in Gaucho… me myself and I. Friggin Latinos and assorted nationalities.

I would really really to know where the Brazilians at. Man, that would be a great party today.