Where's my Apple Sidra (Returned to Shelves)

they had to. FDA is under the spotlight far too much over the past decade especially. this company got away with murder for too long, now it’s a matter of making an example.

The days of past are slowly coming to an end. emphasis on slowly, but absolutely surely!

Shit, is it really dead? i’ll check qian lian next time i go but its the best fizzy drink here hands down.

If its truly dead i’ll have to switch over to wei da li

1 Like

wei da li, is that the drink that the African guy keeps trying to pronounce the last 20 years…
Vitalon …
Never attractive to me… never tried it
Minute maid Apple soda is not that bad…
Have you tried the hey song brand sodas.
I think they were taiwan’s first soda company. I like their salted sarsaparilla which I drink on occasion.
I want to try the lemon and lime and see what their original cola tastes like.
I’d like to support more traditional brands and I’m sick of the big guys buying up all the local companies I enjoyed.

It’s good. Its an easy no.2 for me behind ping guo xi da.

Hei song shakespeare is ok for me, not something I could frequently drink. I’ve been meaning to try their other ones, such as grape…something but haven’t got round to it yet.

Dam wei tah li still exists ??? Back in the last century at night markets you could get a glass of soda and Wei tah li was my fav

I’m surprised nobody brought it to the world stage
Could have been another Red Bull

That yellow liquid was gold

Apple sidra I liked but didn’t love
Wonder if our local 99 ranch still has any
Should I buy it if it did ?

We have hey song sarsaparilla here at 99 which is ok but I miss the hey song clone of 7 up

It has that unique taste nothing else has

1 Like

They need new pipes, resurface all their walls/ceilings/floors and probably buy a whole lit of new equipment. not add a sort of/kind of natural nothingness to an unhealthy garbage drink that sells cheap to people that dont care about their bodies :innocent: In these situations, the only people I feel bad for is the NHI haha.

1 Like

Anyone with Sodastream should be able to make them out of real apple juice.

Actually Sodastream refills is really expensive but you can buy adapters that allows you to hook up to CO2 cylinders, and it will be much cheaper.

There are alternatives that are cheeper, I use one of the CookPower SODAMASTER ones the replacement cost about 500nt for 2 (they drop off new bottles and collect the old ones), this is food quality CO2.

Not recommended to put anything is a Sodastream but water, it has a tendency to fizz up like a giddy Champaign bottle. The one I use has an attachment with a release valve to let out the excess CO2 slowly to stop it fizzing up, but can still be a bit giddy with some things, don’t try fizzy milk :wink:

Just if people are interested.

So how are you supposed to make soda using Sodastream syrup? Are you supposed to carbonate the water first then add the syrup?

What if you wanted to recarbonate the drink because it went flat?

I’m not sure what CO2 bottle refills cost but I had a small oxygen bottle refilled and it cost 100nt (you have to buy the bottle though).

I imagine a 10L bottle (which looks to be about the size used at restaurants) probably costs 200nt or less to fill.

It’s way cheaper than sodastream.

yes

not recommended in a Sodastream (in the instructions)

There you go, you answered your own question.

But why bother messing around and getting adapters, buying bottles etc, when it only cost 500nt delivered (2 bottles).

Co2 bottles, refill costs probably about 100-200 if you do it at a gas supplier (note restaurants all use those same gas so you don’t have to worry about impurities).

They also have sodastream adapters.

Because they’re tiny bottles that makes very little soda. 10L bottles make a LOT of soda (restaurants use them).

and it costs like 200 to refill that.

That wouldn’t fit on my worktop, then I would have to go get it filled to save a couple of hundred NT.

I’ve been away for a couple of days and this thread turned from “where is Apple Sidra” to “how do we set up apple soda manufacturing labs in our own homes”.

4 Likes

Come back in a couple more days then and learn how to cultivate your very own apple trees.

2 Likes

It makes a nice drink when mixed with Taiwan beer.

Like a Formosan shandy?

1 Like

More of a snakebite than a shandy, Forumosa Snakebite :wink:

1 Like

i was gonna go to 99 ranch and see if i can buy apple sidra but then thought heck no i aint buying it even if they have it

I don’t believe they ever sold it there, did they?

Agreed. Proper sanitation is paramount.