Where's the best Malaysian or Singaporean food?

Costco is selling very VERY decent ready made laksa. Big plastic container enough for 2-4 people. Just reheat and eat

Thank me later

The creme de la creme of these two cuisines can be enjoyed and indulged in no other than their respective countries undoubtedly.

Well, yeah. Not massively helpful, though.

2 Likes

My point is why eat these two types of cuisines in Taiwan. When in Taiwan enjoy real Taiwanese food.

That’s what I’m trying to avoid.

4 Likes

Because we want to eat it.

4 Likes

Pork fat and rice gets boring after a while…

Name one country in the friggin world where you would seriously treat this as an ongoing policy.
One.

1 Like

India

BS.
If you lived in India, you’d never eat pasta or a burger or pizza?

1 Like

I think I’m confused

I believe you.

Food in the middle of India is dull as. North and South is interesting.

Because every single Southeast Asian cuisine literally shits all over Taiwanese food.

4 Likes

There’s something wonderful and daring about this statement

1 Like

I was disappointed with Thai food upon my first visit to Chiang Mai. This might have been down to my expectations being too high. Hanoi? Mindblowing.

I think it has a certain visceral je ne sais quoi.

But think about it, line up a Thai roadside curry against a Taiwanese lurou fan, a Vietnamese ganban liangmian against a local liangmian, a Laksa against a mifen, hell, even an Issan spicy sausage against a Taiwanese sausage. There’s no competition.

5 Likes

Yes but I’d stack my nuts up against any international chicken dish with a really good 甕仔雞 smoked clay jar chicken or whatever the English name is

Yeah, to be fair there is some great food here. That’s one. Personally I’m all about the three cups frog. Helluva dish.

4 Likes

I could go for some Isaan food though

1 Like