Wherever you go, there you are. Discuss

As Paul Newman once said, ‘A man’s gotta be someplace.’

Sometimes I wonder how many of my perceived difficulties in Taiwan were caused by failures in my own personality.

Bosses. People. Rules. Traffic. Insects. Heat. Speeding fines. Laws. Manners. Family.

Is it me, or is it them? I have started to suspect it is mostly me.

Great quote, from a great movie.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

My philosophy: love the place you are at, try to be at the place you love. So if you don’t like the place you are at, think of a place that you would like and go there, asap.

Which brings me here :slight_smile:

No matter where you go, no matter what you do, You are always directly over the center of the earth.

If you remain on planet earth, of course.

Wherever I go, I’m always drunk. :beer:

You’re married also I see… :thumbsup:

Almas John, are you saying that many of my difficulties were caused by a lack of booze? Of course! It all seems elementary now!

I’m off to 7-11 for the cure.

superking wrote: [quote]Almas John, are you saying that many of my difficulties were caused by a lack of booze? Of course! It all seems elementary now![/quote]

Well, it certainly helps me deal with the stresses of living here. Mind you, I drank plenty before I came to Taiwan (I fell in love with beer when I was 16 - my first true love).

Sorry to hear of your problems with Taiwan but it’s difficult for us to comment without more details.

[quote=“Josefus”]Great quote, from a great movie.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension[/quote]
Hey, hey, hey. Don’t be mean. We don’t have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Know about this? Courtesy of Moonstone.

Well, it certainly helps me deal with the stresses of living here. Mind you, I drank plenty before I came to Taiwan (I fell in love with beer when I was 16 - my first true love).

Sorry to hear of your problems with Taiwan but it’s difficult for us to comment without more details.[/quote]

I don’t have any problems with Taiwan, more with myself!

I was kidding myself to think this would end up as a discussion about human weakness vs environment. :smiley:

[quote=“superking”]As Paul Newman once said, ‘A man’s gotta be someplace.’

Sometimes I wonder how many of my perceived difficulties in Taiwan were caused by failures in my own personality.

Bosses. People. Rules. Traffic. Insects. Heat. Speeding fines. Laws. Manners. Family.

Is it me, or is it them? I have started to suspect it is mostly me.[/quote]Great post. I guess we all need to remember how big a role our own mentalities play in what we see around us. It certainly helps me to remind myself of that sometimes. It helps me relax a little and get things into perspective.

[quote=“smell the glove”][quote=“Josefus”]Great quote, from a great movie.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension[/quote]
Hey, hey, hey. Don’t be mean. We don’t have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Know about this? Courtesy of Moonstone.
[/quote]

As a matter of fact, I didn’t know about it.
But I do now.
Could be a cool read.