Which city in Taiwan is the worst to drive in?
- Taoyuan City
- Taichung City
- Pingdong City
- Keelung City
- Nantou (city and county)
For those of you who have driven in several cities on the island…let’s have your impressions.
Think along the lines of:
- most inefficient road network (bad infrastructure, traffic light timing, conflicting road markings…etc)
- worst car drivers (think of the wild west)
- worst scooter riders (slow driving in the car lane, swerving in and out of the car lane…etc)
- incompetent law enforcement (or lack thereof)
- parking space
- pedestrian space (sidewalks)
It’s easy to generalize and say that all of Taiwan is just as bad when it comes to driving…but whenever I drive up to Taipei, I always notice that road users there are a little more ‘on the ball’ than here in Taichung. I haven’t driven in Kaohsiung so I can’t comment on the drivers there…
So, let’s see if we can get everyone’s opinion on this…