Which GPS or Travel APP ?

Which is the Best GPS to use in Taiwan for English Directions around Taiwan ? I do not read or speak chinese AT ALL. My sense of direction is Not good at all, and I am worried I will definately get lost while driving in Taiwan. I want to see many places and I’d rather have a GPS that will guide me in English. Is this possible ? or … Is there an iPhone APP that could do the job of a GPS and do it better ? I heard something about putting in phone numbers into GPS devices, but wanted best way to safely arrive at my destination and arrive safely back home again. Thanks

Google Maps on my phone works great in English from the coast to the top mountain. I use it daily and all over Taiwan including remote locations. It’s taken me to remote locations and even helped me discover new places that you’ll never see in guidebooks. Works good in the city.

I second Google Maps. Alternatively, there is Polnav, a navigation app designed by a Taiwanese company. Pretty good, but you have to pay to unlock some of the features.

Google Maps is very convenient for planning, synchronization between different devices, sharing etc etc

For directions I prefer HERE We Go, it’s very precise and the isometrical view with all the buildings clearly highlighted works great, better than Google Maps.

Thankyou all for your help, appreciate comments

Garmin GPS works pretty good. Google map is great, too.