Which is more likely - decline of America or rise of China?

This is a great show I’ve been following for years. Many rich topics discussed each weekday.

Gregory Copley talks with John Batchelor about war with China over Taiwan.

Are you more concerned about the decline of the USA or a more powerful China?

I’m concerned about America declining. Used to be America was the best at everything but the nostalgia about a bygone era of a greater America ends up causing cultural and societal decline in America. It hurts me because I’m powerless to do anything about it, as it seems to be what the society collectively wants. China is unknown because I don’t know what a world where China has equal power to America would be like. Would it be threat of force or would they talk about free cooperation, or would it all be propaganda?

How about neither?

1 Like

With global warming and the looming energy + food crisis, Rise of the Planet of The Cockroaches is the likeliest scenario.

4 Likes

Can we all live peacefully on this planet? Why one needs to be on the top of others? I am asking this question to all parties… Wake up if you think everything about US is angelic and China is all evil… In the 21st century education, when every student is considered as a winner (by altering the finish line) why not all countries follow this model? What is holding us back? :grin:

That said I would like to have a peaceful world under the watch of self appointed BIG BROTHER of the planet… If the BIG BROTHER gets pulled by democratic nations, that’s even better… All lives matter!

I wouldn’t call America angelic but China is evil. They are the equivalent of the Nazis right now with very similar rhetoric and activities

1 Like

Nobody thinks this, but in the US-led world order, we can talk about our problems.

China is all evil. If China was so good, why does it need to threaten Taiwan? Taiwanese should be clamouring to jump onboard the China ship.

Is this even a thing or is this a strawman?

Ask China why they do what they do.

Until it’s been decided that you’re not relevant to the interests of the state. Then it’s off to the gulag with you.

1 Like

What is wrong with Indians?

Do you mean American natives? What happened to them? Ask our forefathers!

I agree with @Marco China is getting belligerent. But who let it to raise? You, me or American corporate greed? :thinking:

Wow. This guy just said that Taiwan was the last place he’d want to be because of the problems China is facing. He seems to believe that with all of the serious problems with China that it makes the Chinese extremely dangerous.

Return of the British Empire.

Wait and see

1 Like

My money’s on France…

France are pathetic and weak! Always have been and all ways will be.
They live on the back of whoever shall help them Germany was, now showing little interest in them so who next?
Pander to USA?

I think people don’t realize that their military was considered the best in the world leading up to WW2. They had a healthy defense budget and had the men to fight. It was common public opinion that they couldn’t be defeated.

Which was why it was shocking when Germany ran through them so quickly. Now it’s just a running joke that they surrendered so quickly.

The decline of china is the one that’s going to happen mate.

Somebody get him a ticket to Eastern Ukraine via Yemen

. . . with a “port stop” in Somalia en route.

Guy

1 Like

And if he still doesnt want to come to Taiwan, maybe a holiday in Afghanistan followed by his great new job in Cambodia!

1 Like

A delux package could also include a COVID fact-finding mission in North Korea into the mix.

Guy

And a little suntanning in Hainan? I hear those great new hotels are almost impossible to leave!

1 Like