Which ones are the affordable clothing stores?

Like H&M. What are other similar type establishments that you’d recommend? Thanks!

Night market?

2 Likes
2 Likes

There are a couple random shops on corners that i visit, and Carrefour. If you have a feel for fabrics and an eye for stitching, good value. Watch out for the garbage polyester though!

1 Like

NET sometimes?

1 Like

Decathlon. You’ll get cheap and comfortable clothes.

2 Likes

2nd Street if you like digging around and finding unexpected treasure (used in this case).

Guy

2 Likes

Zara etc

Normal fast fashion places

Day market.

Korean Street

Decathlon

1 Like

Where is that?

Guy

1 Like

That’s just sports clothes right, or they have other stuff?

Well, almost any Korean clothing store, like iii.

I haven’t been in a while but I remember it is in Yonghe. Get off at Dingxi Station, next to it is Zhongxing street. Start shopping.

I also recommend the outlets, for large sizes:

J. R. Waterwoods

千金服飾

來自台灣 Outlet Store
02 2911 0360

For day markets, Zhengzhong in downtown Taipei and Jinmei in the outskirts.

Shoes try the outlets in Gongguan.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

“2nd Street” used clothing stores

I’m not into second-hand clothes but walked into one of these and the variety and selection is amazing. Seems clean and good quality. They also have watches, purses, backpacks and bags, sunglasses, hats just a variety of things.

Also good for retro clothes, t-shirts, Etc

Well almost everything is only one item and one size but shoes interestingly they might have 10 pairs of the same shoe in different sizes.

3 Likes

There’s a false economy aspect to buying lower-priced clothing, but I can understand there may be reasons why longer-lasting clothes aren’t needed. Of the suggestions above, Second Street would be the best bet. You may even be able to resell them to Second Street when you are finished with them.

1 Like

The caveat I’d add about shopping at 2nd Street is this: if you’re looking for something really specific, this may not and likely will not work. This kind of used clothing place works best, in my experience, when you just show up with an open mind to see what’s available. For a more specific search, drilling away online on various platforms (ebay, etc) may yield better results.

PS: +1 to @SlowRain and his views on the false economy of buying cheap garments. Throwing stuff into landfills all the time is also not great for this island or for the places where such cheap garments are made (through, for example, the use of cheap toxic dyes).

Guy

1 Like

Caveat: there is quality material and stitching available for a low price. Don’t have to buy brands to get cheap clothing that lasts.

Footwear. Backpacks. Underwear. These things I tend to invest in.

Also, anything you buy in a mall or chain store should be on sale. Or don’t buy. Still cheap, but good quality