Which phone company to go with?

The deposit for foreigners is basically every company. If you speak chinese, or have a friend who isnt a wuss, you can fight that but probably expect to pay it. They even tried to make me pay another deposit after my 2 year contract but i said no and they still gave me what i wanted. Just be polite-tough.

Thoug i do suggest getting a better coverage provider. My and my co workers laugh about this a lot. Roughly half of us use Chunghua, pay maybe 100 more a month. The others use the star one (cause one of their sisters works there) everytime we go into the mountains to work or even random countryside locations, their phpne and internet cut out. Its fine for personal but not if you are driving around and need to make a call.

If internet isnt a huge deal you can get those prepay sd cards and to up. Expensive to use but if you are aropund wifi most of the time its pribably good enough and can use for emergencies. One thing to keep in mind is if you dont top up in 6 months (Chunghua) you get cancelled.

Is 21mbps fast or slow? I will be using my phone as a hotspot for my computer and wondering if 21mbps is enough. I would be surfing the web / watching videos, not downloading anything or doing any gaming.
Thanks

Has anyone managed to successfully obtain an ibon mobile sim card? Every 7 eleven I’ve been to they’ve said they don’t do them.

I have 399 unlimited with them, but after I burned though 700GB in one month they seem to have started throttling me, even though calling in they said nothing of the sort. Will switch soon.

anyone used myfone? They have a 500 unlimited plan.

No offence but if you’re burnng through 700gb a month they will be happy to see you go and clog up their competitors network.

With GT telecom once I hit about 100gb they would start cutting my connection too I suspected. If I called to ask they would say there is nothing wrong

I’ll be arriving and staying for one month. Which prepaid option is good for travellers?

Which carrier are you referring to? Sorry can’t read the chinese characters from the post you are responding to.

台灣大哥大 = Taiwan Mobile, their retail stores are Myfone
遠傳電信 = FarEasTone
中華電信 = Chunghwa Telecom
台灣之星 = TStar
亞太 (yatai) = GT

1 Like

thanks so much!