White-collar breeders

Seen the Taipei Times today?

The Taiwan governement wants to allow more white-collar professionals to start breeding in Taiwan.

They are supposedly better in doing the job than the Chinese spouses and their often mental diabled husbands.

Maybe they are trying to create an “Ubermensch” in Taiwan by mixing in foreign genes.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2003/12/08/2003078770

Nope. That’s nothing more than an attempt at stopping Taiwanese men from marrying Mainlanders.

According to the article the MOI is proposing that white-collar professionals be allowed into the country to work in the hope that they marry Taiwanese rednecks?

Haahahahhahhahhahahahaha

Lordy, what a bunch of quackery.

Where’s the scientific evidence for these claims? They are spurious, to say the least.

The MOI is doing nothing more than blaming the falling birth rate on a handful of Mailand brides. What next will these poor women be castigated for?

The TT revels in publishing such crap.

Is this for real or is the TT making something up in the story.

How can you stabilize or improve birth rate by importing foreign professionals?

They won’t be here to breed, just to work, make money and go home. At least not all of them

[quote]How can you stabilize or improve birth rate by importing foreign professionals?
[/quote]

This really is weird isn’t it? I couldn’t understand it at all.

My wife tells me that the latest trend for personality deficient Taiwanese men who can’t attract Taiwanese women, is to import wives from impoverished Eastern Europe and ex-Soviet republics. A white foreign spouse is much more ‘mianzi’ than a Mainland or SE Asian bride.

Brian

that may be the stupidest thing i’ve ever heard

[quote=“Bu Lai En”][quote]How can you stabilize or improve birth rate by importing foreign professionals?
[/quote]

This really is weird isn’t it? I couldn’t understand it at all.

My wife tells me that the latest trend for personality deficient Taiwanese men who can’t attract Taiwanese women, is to import wives from impoverished Eastern Europe and ex-Soviet republics. A white foreign spouse is much more ‘mianzi’ than a Mainland or SE Asian bride.

Brian[/quote]

[In Fuman Chu accent] IN-tres-ting… Velly IN-tres-ting

It can only be good for us white-collar professionals if the immigration rules are modified more in our favour, so I’ve got to say I approve of it wholeheartedly.

I suppose their reasoning is that most Westerners (and they are, of course, referring to this particular segment of the foreign population) who stay in Taiwan for any length of time end up marrying a local girl or guy (mostly the former), and the children of such unions are more desirable than those of the typical genetically-challenged Chinese or Southeast Asian spouse, thus improving the quality of the population.

Roll out those preferential easier-to-obtain extended-term resident visas as soon as possible, please!

Nothing wrong with widening the gene pool… I’m all in favour of that sort of thing. And even if I do say so myself, I look fabulous in a white collar…

I prefer to wear blue, as it doesn’t show the dirt quite so much.

if the Taiwanese spouses suffer from mental disability, how will importing different people, professionals, etc. correct this problem? wouldn’t it be more effective, ethics aside, just to stop these people from procreating?

what do they mean by this? are they referring to the fact that mainlander spouses would be looked down upon which we all know, or is there some other social problem? aren’t they pretty much the same culture, language etc? what social problem?

on a different page, results of the miss world in china. i’d say the phillipines lady looks a lot better than the photo of ireland.
taipeitimes.com/News/world/p … 2003104763