Who is Christian?

Yeah. So what?
They do claim to have the full doctorine of Christ and as such are Christ’s only true church…hence their real name:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

They don’t believe you will burn in hell if you attend another church. Quite the opposite. You are judged based on your actions and intent while on Earth. If you happen to join the LDS church, then wonderful, great! You can get started on those covenants early while on Earth. If you don’t have the chance or decide not to join, that’s ok. It wasn’t the right time for you in your personal progression. You get another shot in the afterlife.

Actually, LDS don’t believe in a litteral hell.

I feel like saying non Mormons as abominations in the eyes of god and all corrupt is rather a big deal.

Why do you not see why Mormons calling everyone elses faith an abomination and corrupt as a big deal? You keep saying they accept others as Christians, it does not sound like it at all.

Then, Andrew, you don’t understand the story of the first vision very well. At the time Smith was looking at religions, that region was getting nasty with each other about which church was right and which were false. Fire and brimstone preaching, tarring and feathering, shaming, etc. Nasty stuff…far from Christlike actions. The actions of those organizations were corrupt in God’s eyes. Had fallen from too far from his teachings, etc. So he called upon Smith to start things over with new revelation.

He was not saying everyone on Earth not a follower of Smith was evil etc.

Ok…I actually did not know this part in depth. So basically Jesus said very clearly salvation is given free and he already took on the sins of everyone past, present and future. And all you have to do is accept him and gain entrance to heaven.

Mormons are saying no, Jesus is wrong? You will be judged and based on how you are, you might have to start over even if you believe?

That’s clearly not what Jesus said. Not at all.

Again…what you are stating is according to Andrew’s interpretation of whichever translation of the Bible Andrew is reading.

LDS interpret it differently. They believe that Jesus taught people to live a Christ like life. They believe God and Christ made it clear in modern revelation that Grace is not good enough. You can’t just say you believe and get a ticket to heaven. You actually have to live a Christ like life as best you can. Repent when you sin etc.

You talked with him face to face? Wow! You should start a church!

A more correct statement would be “That is not what people interpreted what ancient prophets claimed Jesus to have said when he was alive.”

No it is not…stop saying it like it’s my own interpretation. It’s not. It’s starting to piss me off, it’s not my interpretation.

Read Martin Luther on salvation. It’s what he says. The 5 solas are the fundamental Protestant belief.

1 Like

But, Andrew, it is your interpretation. Everyone interprets / percieves / experiences things differently…including what they read. Just because a group of scholars and that Martin guy got together and agreed on one interpretation or one set of standards does not make it fact. You can chose to accept their interpretation as truth for yourself. Others can chose otherwise. Decent, reasonable people understand this and let things go. They don’t take ownership of words.

2 Likes

I only wish you would convey that message to people in white shirts, riding bikes, who are trying to convert everyone so admirably.:sunglasses:

Ok now you’re being ridiculous. So I must have spoken to Jesus to understand? Why does anyone say anything when most of them wouldn’t have spoken to Jesus. It makes the Bible obsolete, the entire point of scripture is to spread Jesus’s testiment to the truth and spread it.

They are agressive in a dedicated peaceful way. If you say you are not interested, they will respect that. They are just sharing what they believe to be true if anyone wants to listen.
The LDS church has actually changed gears on missionary work. Their focus is no longer on baptizing new members, but on helping members who are not as strong in their faith. New recruits are second priority.

2 Likes

If you don’t really care and don’t know which is right, why do you want to insist I let things go about the truth of the most important belief in my life.

Do you not comprehend that as a Christian, you’re to follow Christ as best you can and the word of god. If the Bible keeps saying one thing. Mormons say the Bible is incorrect. I’m faced with two choices. Either accept Mormons are correct and what I’ve been doing is an abomination as Joseph smith puts it. Or deny them of being true. There is no middle ground.

I’ve laid out over and over again. Mormons and other Christians have fundamental beliefs that are mutually exclusive. Or do you still think they fit together or whatever?

Even the prophet of LDS says so.

https://youtu.be/tkMY88DZcGU

Yup. They consider themselves to be followers of Christ and not modern mainstream Christianity which bases things off of outdated incomplete teachings. They base themselves as following both old and new revelation according to the instruction of God through direct revelation to living prophets. They consider themselves to be Christians apart from mainstream Christianity.

Hmmm, not sure really.
https://carm.org/does-mormonism-attack-other-religions

Well other Christians also do stupid things and not act very Christian like. I’m not going to condemn them. Mormons as others put it tent to act very well. That’s not my issue.

So I’m not a Christian to them if I’m following the wrong and incomplete Jesus in the Bible.

And they’re not a Christian to me because they contradict the Jesus in the Bible.

What’s the issue with what I’m saying? It’s technically completely in line to what Mormons are saying. We are not the same.

What a load of horse poop.
The LDS church and missionaries are not condemning anyone or preaching against anyone. I challenge you to talk to them, go one Sunday, see for yourself. The LDS are some of the most tolerent people on this planet.

No. You are Christian to them. They would never deny you that. You can be a good Christian and not be LDS. What you are is not a Latter day saint. A member of their beliefs.

How can i be a Christian if I’m not following the correct Jesus? So would muslims be Christians as well. They also follow Jesus, just not the one that LDS says is the correct one.

1 Like

so the article is untrue ? I have no problem with anyone being of the Mormon faith, but you stated that they do not criticize other churches. Are you presuming that they don’t or hoping they don’t …or guessing ?