Who is Christian?

Are you serious? The title is given to her “mother of God” because she gave birth to Jesus… not because she is a god. She is a saint in the catholic belief. Not a actual God. She did not create God the son. She gave earthly birth by immaculate conception to the flesh of Jesus.

Mormons believe in a actual god “mother god”

Is this really hard to comprehend?

You need to refer to the Greek word for god.

Mary is given Theotokos

God is usually Theos with a capital T.

Not as hard as your shitty-ass spelling and grammar.

The Jesus???

Are you guys for real?

Mormons believe in an actual mother god who is wife with god the father. And creates humans with god. And god the father and mother god were both humans who were from another god the father and mother god who created them. And all humans would become god and get a planet to create their own humans who can also become god.

@lostinasia beat me to it. I was going to say you sound like an angry Muslim ranting about Christians in general.

So much for separation of church and state! :upside_down_face:

And btw,

It’s that funny math again, 1+1=3. (This is not an argument against the Trinity, just against your explanation.)

You know it wasn’t until recently that Catholics and Protestants-in-general reconciled, right? Some Forumosans were alive when Vatican II happened. :grandpa: For most of Christian history, the picture was quite different.

Such as… :star_of_david: :heart: :latin_cross:

Accredited theologians are welcome. :bowing:

Of course, accreditation doesn’t fix everything. You can have a PhD and still write a book proving the Earth is flat and has a large hole where the so-called North Pole is supposed to be, for instance. :face_with_monocle:

That didn’t stop Akbar from reconciling Islam with Hinduism. It didn’t catch on in a big way, but it was a thing.

Not to derail the thread, but… so does the Taipei regime! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Shh… :zipper_mouth:

I’m not sure whether I advised him not to move there, but I certainly never recommended the place! :2cents:

1 Like

Is this really hard to comprehend?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Don’t count on it

1 Like

There is hope yet! :grinning:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QnKvpOYbOJQ

All hail disco. But what of his mother? @discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Each misfortune you encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrows good luck. — Og Mandino

None of what you wrote has to do with the huge gap of theological ideas that are mutually exclusive for Mormons and basically everyone else who believes in one god and the nature of god according to the doctrine of trinity.

Yes buttttt that one time islam tried to mesh with Hindus that resulted in nothing. Yes that’s it.

Also Catholics and Protestants were not friends!! Take that!

Yeah ok.

I see no one is interested in actually trying to understand the difference and just say things they don’t even understand like Mary is mother of god so it’s like Mormons saying there is an actual god that’s wife with god the father.

If you truly don’t believe that Mormonism believing in infinite amount of gods, and god was human and all the things that completely goes against what Christians have believed in because their prophet was the true prophet that read from magic stones that no ones ever seen. And that’s a huge difference from a theological stand point. I don’t know how to convince you.

Mormon beliefs are certainly decidedly more wacko that most, but they still technically fall under the technical definition of Christian - a believer in Jesus Christ. As you noted, even baptism seems optional to some, and that seemed to me to be an absolute minimum requirement according to scripture.

But that’s what you get when you have such a vague qualification. A bunch of wackos who can technically be considered Christian because they fulfill the basic requirement. They might have added tons of embellishments that you don’t agree with or omitted things that you consider necessary, but in the end…they’re still Christians.

Really, isn’t its ready accessibility the real beauty of Christianity?

1 Like

You can see how all the fighting started. It’s a good thing God made everything so clear

Take it easy, man. Have a massage or something.

That one time Islam tried to do something? It was a small group of people doing something, not the entire population.

It’s really not a difficult concept to wrap your head around (I mean the mono-poly thing). I would try explaining it, for argument’s sake, but the vibe here is too argumentative.

It seems unfair that only the Mormons are “too weird” to be real Christians. What about Pentecostals? Those guys are pretty damn strange.

What on earth does “G_d” have to do with religion??:ponder:

It is clear on there being only one god…Muslims and Jews all even agree on this when they’re killing each other. It’s literally the one thing that’s clear and agreed upon by people thatve been killing each other for centuries.

We are talking about Mormonism.

Sure it is! lol. I can see you in an old school monk get-up here.

Yeah…but it doesn’t seem fair to only shit on Mormonism when other denominations who take great liberties with their interpretation of Christianity exist.

What logic is this. I must break down all the denominations to be fair to Mormonism. How long is that going to take.

We aren’t shitting on Mormonism. We are discussing the difference and if indeed their theological beliefs line up with Christian doctrines.