Who is Christian?

I tell you, moving to Malaysia has really changed our Andrew. He never used to be like this. He used to be mellow. :mosque::mosque::mosque:

1 Like

I think it’s been established by now that becoming a Christian has just the one requirement, and Mormons fulfill that requirement.

I think Mormons are mostly crazypants. I’m not trying to defend them. But there are other crazypants denominations, too. What makes them part of the club while Mormons are not?

Because when I clearly pointed out

A cannot be B

You are saying nahhhh it’s like the same thing. Whatever. Not a big deal, just a petty dispute.

Because when A cannot be B

One groups believe in A and other believe in B

Someone is wrong about God. Not like should we fast or how we should pray.

But we keep pointing back: if someone says they accept Jesus as their lord and savior, to everyone else here we’re like “yeah, you’re a good-to-go, bona fide Christian”. We don’t give a shit about the details, the minutiae of their religious practices.

1 Like

But they believe in A. They just also believe in B, C, D, E, F, G, and so on and so on.

To be a Christian you need only believe in A, A being Jesus Christ.

1 Like

No you’re wrong.

To be a Christian

You must accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior

And believe god is the one true god.

You do not fulfill the requirements when you say there are an infinite amount of gods. And worship them.

Are you saying Stevie Ray Vaughan is not a god?

You’re losing me here.

I think we are understanding that there are big gaps between Mormons and Christians from your view point. But for me it doesn’t look like a big difference, and I recognize Mormons as Christians because they are believing the Jesus and the Abrahamic God.

So, that is mainstream Christians’ rule, but other people maybe create their own rules.

1 Like

It’s not the mainstream Christians rule we made up. It is a direct biblical command. There is one true god, there is no other god but god. The way to salvation is from god. It’s in scripture over and over again.

You’re basically saying you don’t want to take the time to understand the difference so you’re just going to group them in.

Even the Mormons claim they are the true Christians, and everyone else is an apostate.

So group A says B is not Christian. Group B says A is not Christians.

You, ehh they’re both Christians.

Great

They don’t worship them. They acknowledge them, but they only worship God/Jesus/the Holy Ghost. I don’t think they actually go out of their way to worship the Heavenly Mother or whatever else space alien dieties they’ve got.

Some people would say Catholics venerating the Virgin Mary and other saints ventures into idolatry territory. Is it really that different?

Yes, saints are not gods.

Yeah, there’s a lot wackier shit out there than wearing fancy angel undies…

So it’s only a difference of terminology? Seems awfully specific for something as nebulous as the interpretation of religious text. I thought the bible was pretty cut and dry about baptism too, but you nixed that.

It’s not a small detail.

But I can see you don’t give a shit and won’t try to understand and Change your mind basically. Why even try to have this conversation with me when you don’t give a shit and your view is right.

Which is simply the fuckedupedness of religions everywhere. Instead of keeping their eyes on the prize (eternal life) human beings, fuckheads that they are, fight each other to the death over trivial details.

And when we die, and when we’re dead and gone, we’ll realize all the religions are complete bullshit. except we won’t realize it because we’ll be muthafuckin’ dead.

You want some fries with that shake?

1 Like

Are you serious?

God is omnipotent, saints are not

God is OMNI present, saints are not

God is omniscient, saints are not

Do you actually know anything about Christianity?

What happened to only scholars being able to say things as you said. Saying who is and isn’t a Christian is a pretty bold claim.

Because he’s concerned for your welfare and believes there’s a chance you still might not grow up wrong headed.
You should be more appreciative.

You’re missing the point. Your view seems to be that we should care about these details. You seem kind of insistent about it in fact. One might think that you are even irreversibly convinced that “your view is right”. People are asserting that there’s no apparent reason for us to care when we assess as bystanders who is a Christian.

1 Like

It’s not a detail.

Your view seems to be we shouldn’t care about it.