(Who is this “Dr” Hedy Lee?) revisited

“The Texan” has recently discovered the thread “Who is “Dr” Hedy Lee?” from Oct 2018 in which he was pleasantly surprised to see some people who can see Hedy Lee (referred to as The “Dr”) for who she truly is. I am not “The Texan”, but I am an “insider” who is able to provide some information on the subject.

Some clarity points.

1. It is not illegal to call someone “racist”, that precedent has not been set in court yet.
  2. “The Texan” was not threated by any clear legal action, just being “seud” from Hedy Lee, no grounds were stated.
  3. “The Texan” was just annoyed by a threat of a frivolous lawsuite.
  4. “The Texan” was not told he broke any law, because he did not break any law.
  5. Calling people “trash foreigner” or “sewage foreigner” is clearly illegal, and someone, someday, needs to get that precedent passed in the courts of taiwan.
  6. Lawers have stated that is a high possible outcome if attempted by the “The Texan” and many other victims of The “Dr”.
2 Likes

Insider.

Q.

images%20(2)

4 Likes

Nah, drop it.

Wrestle with a pig and you both get dirty. And the pig enjoys it.

2 Likes

Too much of this attitude going around now days. She is actively trying to destroys peoples lives. Only a few people in the world willing to stand up for what is right.

3 Likes

You stand up for what is right. I’ll wait for what’s left.

2 Likes

This sentence works on so many levels. I love it. :rofl:

Isn’t freedom of speech legal. Calling someone a general term is bad but shouldn’t be illegal.
Accusing someone falsely of doing something or denying them s privilege or a right because you don’t like me is an other. In other words feel free to not like me. I’ll meet your free speech with more speech. But don’t say anything false or deny me my due, then you will be prosecuted or sued.

I think it’s illegal here to call someone a dirty pig or give them the middle finger.

1 Like

In Taiwan public insults with a harmful effect to the person’s reputation is illegal. It doesn’t even have to be a false statement. Nor does the harm have to be proven. A foreigner in Taiwan got sued because he called a lady a “liar”, when it was provable that she was consistently lying about him.

It’s only pretty much in America where in order to prove deformation it has to meet these criteria: 1. The statement must be false 2. the person stating it must know it was false 3. the person stating it must intentionally being saying it out of malice to cause harm 4. the false statement must have provable damages to the victim. 5. The person you’re criticizing can’t be a public figure.

Practically no other places in the rest of the world do not protect slanderous and deformation statements that much. Which is why today Trump is contemplating to sue CNN under the Lanham Act. Basically “false advertising” because CNN calls themselves “The Most Trust Name in News” because he can’t sue them on deformation charges.

Yeah well he’s right about CNN, the channel I once watched regularly I now only turn on to check the sport or if I want to see what Trump has been doing recently. Turn that channel on and off 4 times in a day and probably twice or three times you’ll hear them talking about Trump.
As for lying well in Asian culture you might find it’s all a bit more flexible regarding the definition of a lie
:thinking:

Just fyi:

They don’t completely ignore western jurisprudence here. The exact term actual malice (in English) turns up in court decisions. Also, insult and defamation are separate offenses, and Criminal Code Art. 311 offers some protection, as well as Art. 310 Par. 3 for defamation.