Who Killed JFK

Just reading the news on it cuz i guess its some anniversary.

i have to say i don’t know too much about it aside from the occasional documentary and the movie JFK.

would like to know people’s ideas on this or whether they have interesting web links to this.

how do you guys explain:

magic bullet theory?

lone gunman?

government conspiracy?

zapruder tape?

grassy knoll?

what other famous things about it?

Kenny:

He was a Democrat wasn’t he? I think that you are asking the wrong question. Why ask who killed JFK? Rather you should be asking which Democrat is going to get killed in the next presidential election if he or she is foolish enough to run against George W. :wink:

The best explaination is from Red Dwarf when he went back in time and killed himself in his prime, instead of being a womanizer and being thrown out of office after scandals.

Lee Harvey Oswald.

End of thread.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance for any other questions you might have, Kenny.

Bobby pissed off a lot of people as Attorney-General. Papa Joe had a lot of ties with the mafia going back to rum-running during prohibition, and the mob helped JFK win in the 1960 election (vote-buying in Illinios). As Attorney General, RFK betrayed this loyalty. I personally think Carlos Marcello and Santos Trafficante had something to do with it. Perhaps, they recruited some pissed off Cubans. Again, RFK was involved with General Lansdale and Maxwell Taylor in covert operations during “Operation Mongoose.” After the missile crisis, and with the administrations decision to put Cuba on the backburner for a bit, there were a lot of pissed off people. Combine this with an military industrial complex that was suspicious of him – there are numerous scenarios. I don’t think anyone cares too much anymore. His administration was full of promise, but little was achieved during his 3 years in office.

Chewy

Chewy:

Why don’t you ask Teddy the next time you see him :wink: you know at that bar :wink: in West Palm :smiling_imp:

Sure,

I will ask him when I am driving some bitch off the side of the road. :moo: Whoops, now I am getting Chappa$### mixed up with Florida :wink:

The three best books I’ve read on the assassination are:

Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK by Gerald Posner. Posner closely studies the life of Oswald in order to make sense of the man and his capability to assassinate Kennedy. This book is extremely damaging to anyone who thinks Oswald was a patsy. Posner also makes what I think is the unassailable point that too many conspiracy books ignore Oswald’s life and instead throw out as wide a net as possible about the assassination to ensnare as many damaging and questionable details as they can, without seeking to make sense of them or even determine if the different details might contradict each other.

Oswald’s Tale: An American Mystery by Norman Mailer. The main highlight of the book is Mailer’s trip to Russia to research Oswald’s life there. Mailer went to Russia in the wake of the fall of the Soviet Union and so had access to numerous people who knew Oswald but had never spoken about him to an American before. He discovers that the Russians were just as nonplussed by Oswald as Americans would later be. Mailer, who is something of a Founding Father to some modern conspiracy theories, shocked me and, I think, even himself by concluding that Oswald probably acted alone. The first half of the book is beautifully controlled writing, but the second half degenerates into Mailer discussing existentialism and other pointless crap. The book is definitely still worth the read, though.

The Death of a President: November 20-November 25th, 1963 by William Manchester. This book doesn’t go into the conspiracy at all, but is an affecting evocation of the events just before and after the assassination. Manchester loved Kennedy like a puppy dog loves his master, and he writes so well that his love and enthusiasm are contagious. If this book doesn’t move you to tears, then your chest is without a heart.

the rich guys killed him. sure wasn’t some ex-jarhead with super fishy access to USSR during the cold war.

months before he died he did authorize the US to again start printing its own money. he put the squeeze on the federal bank big boys. he pissed off the rothschilds. as you know, america doesn’t control her money. nor prints. these are done by private entities.

what was rothschilds quote about currency? something like “as long as i control the currency of a nation i don’t care who makes the laws.” months after kenedy took steps to break the private vise held over america’s currency he was killed on the home turf of his vp.

single gunman acting alone? it is a coincidence that one of the members ofthe warren comission was later named president. nixon’s opinion of the warren comission:“thegreatest whitewash ever”.

I shouted out,
“Who killed the Kennedys?”
When after all
It was you and me…

Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones

Hahaha!

[quote=“skeptic yank”]the rich guys killed him. sure wasn’t some ex-jarhead with super fishy access to USSR during the cold war.

months before he died he did authorize the US to again start printing its own money. he put the squeeze on the federal bank big boys. he pissed off the rothschilds. as you know, America doesn’t control her money. nor prints. these are done by private entities.

what was rothschilds quote about currency? something like “as long as i control the currency of a nation I don’t care who makes the laws.” months after kenedy took steps to break the private vise held over America’s currency he was killed on the home turf of his vp.

single gunman acting alone? it is a coincidence that one of the members ofthe warren comission was later named president. nixon’s opinion of the warren comission:“thegreatest whitewash ever”.[/quote]

what do you mean the US doesn’t print its own money?

the members of the warren commission is pretty odd mix. except for michigan, it was mostly deep southern senators being represented. what is that?

The lateset survey shows that 52% of Americans think that Saddam Hussein killed JFK (23% think it was Osama Bin Laden). :wink:

Brian

Listen, a lot of the heresay that goes on about the JFK assassination is pure bunk. Many of the conspiracy theorists belong at either 1. A Roswell UFO parade 2. A Clearasil commercial or 3. A Star Trek convention.

However, if you look at the facts behind the assassination in a rational way, I think you can seriously question the lone gun man theory. This book, which looks at the medical information of the assassination, is riveting. amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … ce&s=books

Regarding the Warren Commission: There was no love lost between Allen Dulles and JFK - Dulles had been fired after the disasterous Bay of Pigs. This link from Brown University has some interesting points about the effectiveness of the Warren Commission.
brown.edu/Administration/Geo … SJ12a.html

I think that the Church Committee’s investigation
of the intelligence agencies’ response to the JFK assassination was spot on when it stated the probability of a conspiracy. The Church Committee took public and private testimony from hundreds of people, collected huge volumes of files from the FBI, CIA, NSA, IRS, and many other federal agencies, and issued 14 reports in 1975 and 1976. Since the passage of the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act in 1992, over 50,000 pages of Church Committee records have been declassified and made available to the public. These files contain testimony and information on U.S. attempts to assassinate foreign leaders, on the Church Committee’s investigation of the intelligence agencies’ response to the JFK assassination, and related topics. Interesting enough this commission also had similar problems to the Warren Commission. Thus the Church committee was hamstrung by several of the Senators appointed to be on it: they were close friends and supporters of the CIA and FBI - Senators Goldwater and Tower in particular.

kenny:
do a google search using terms such as “control america’s money” and dig in. there is no dearth of material acknowledging that the federal reserve system is a private, for-profit entity.

i grabbed one quick and included it here for your ease. lots more where this one came from if the URL displease you:www.biblebelievers.org.au/debtmone.htm

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]The lateset survey shows that 52% of Americans think that Saddam Hussein killed JFK (23% think it was Osama Bin Laden). :wink:

Brian[/quote]

Okay, I admit it: that made me laugh.

JFK is still alive - like Elvis he just went home. Doesn’t any of you watch Man in Black!? :wink:

I agree. It’s possible to closely study the facts, question that only one man did this, and still remain a reasonable and intelligent human being.

However, as soon as you hypothesize a widespread plot and cover-up, such as Skeptic Yank’s has done, you move from the realm of possibility to the realm of fantasy.

and

This is the silly kind of reasoning that I dislike so much and find so often in the people who are fascinated by the Kennedy assassination; the normal relationships and history that are a part of all politics are construed as something maleficient.

If you want to whip up guilt by association, I can argue that the Church Committee’s findings were nothing more than an echo of their times. It was the mid-70s; protest politics in the U.S. had finally culminated in the removal of U.S. troops from Vietnam and the fall of Saigon; Nixon had left office under the scandal of Watergate; books with a negative slant on the CIA’s role in Latin America and overseas were becoming widely available. The entire mindset was to question authority and the traditional explanations for why things happen.

[quote=“Cold Front”]This is the silly kind of reasoning that I dislike so much and find so often in the people who are fascinated by the Kennedy assassination; the normal relationships and history that are a part of all politics are construed as something maleficient.

If you want to whip up guilt by association, I can argue that the Church Committee’s findings were nothing more than an echo of their times. It was the mid-70s; protest politics in the U.S. had finally culminated in the removal of U.S. troops from Vietnam and the fall of Saigon; Nixon had left office under the scandal of Watergate; books with a negative slant on the CIA’s role in Latin America and overseas were becoming widely available.[/quote]

I agree with your point on the hodgepodge of conspiracy theorists. It reminds me of the saying that “half knowledge is dangerous.” However, I take issue that the Church Commitee or the later House Select Committee on Assassinations were a product of their time. Sure, they express the cynacism of the Watergate era, but until the late 1960s, people accepted what the government said at face value. After Watergate so many laws were changed to promote greater transparency in government (and, in some respects, abuse – Campaign Financing laws etc). Journalism also became aggressive with a “take no prisoners” ethos.

With your rationale, you could say that the Warren Commission was accepted at the time because Americans had yet to question and understand that their own government could be capable of great evil as well as good - the Hegelian dialectic. Regardless of political affiliation, one can recognize that Vietnam, Watergate etc. changed the rules of the ball game entirely. Things that happened in the past had to be re-evaluated by government institutions. So regardless of whether it is one gunman that killed JFK, the Mob, Angry Cubans, or Captain Long Dong Silver, I think it is good that polemics and the interested public are talking about the shooting and looking at new evidence as it is made available. It sure beats the silence and secrecy that permeated through government corridors for far too long.

Chewy

Dog-God
Live-Evil
JFK-KFJ

Something to think about!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: