Who likes Genesis?

ED is funnier.

I prefer Luke and the Revelations. That’s my secret underground techno ensemble, btw.

I’ve been partial to a bit of Genesis - there is a lot I like about them and as a keybaord player, I always found the stack of Tony Banks’ keyboards awesome.

For me they went down after Duke - Has to do with Phil Colins I presume. I heard an interview with him once confessing that most of his lyrics don’t make sense: He just sings what comes into his head during jamming and it might stay. But lyrics are almost never the reason I listen to music…

In his defence, Colins has/had the ability to interact with 100,000 people as if they were in his living room.

Their early stuff is best - my fav album is Seconds OUt… Afterglow has always been on a playlist close to hand as well as Los Endos.

Always hated Genesis. The only song of Collins I ever liked was (Something?) In the Air Tonight.

Loved Genesis when Gabriel was front man. [i]Tresspass[/i] and [i]Foxtrot[/i] are brilliant.

Alot of people go on about Collins but they seem to know nothing about him other than what they heard on Top 40 radio. He was one of the most accomplished and sought after drummers in the world in the 1970/80s. Everyone from Phil Manzanera to Robert Fripp asked for him to play on their albums.

I never really believed Genesis to be true.

The world in six days? Ha!