Who Will Win The Rugby World Cup?

Alright Amos, I’m up for it. Do you mean on the semi or the cup as a whole though? I’ll bet $G1000 on Saturday’s semi with you, and if you come to the BM too, I’ll add a beer to the bet.

Omni, could be right about England/France, but I’ve just got a hunch that England’ll get it together for the day.

Brian

OK Bri you’re on for the bet, it’s for the Saturday game though. What time does the Rugby start? I could be a starter, but will let you know more later on in the week. Amos.

What a disappointing World Cup so far. I basically predicted the whole thing and wasn’t off by more than 10 points each time.

Oh well. There’s always next time I guess, although I’m having difficulty trying to muster up any excitement.

I heard someone say that they think that Australia will go down by at least 50points to NZ. Can’t be sure that will happen though, I predict a double figure NZ win but nowhere near 50 points. 2 tries (unconverted) in the lead by half time and a final score lead of, let’s say 15 points.

Any other theories?

Looking at the above posts I just realised that the Australian flag looks much better than the New Zealand flag. Never paid much attention before; thought they were identical.

They’ll both look a lot better when they get rid of the wet spot in the top left hand corner. But I guess the Oz flag will do on the night it’s being waved around to celebrate the world’s leading rugby nation.

Double-digit victory to the all blacks? Bah! Or rather, baaa, baaa.

Australia vs. France for the cup. Watch the frogs lose it when they meet a real team!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]They’ll both look a lot better when they get rid of the wet spot in the top left hand corner. But I guess the Oz flag will do on the night it’s being waved around to celebrate the world’s leading rugby nation.

Double-digit victory to the all blacks? Bah! Or rather, baaa, baaa.

Australia vs. France for the cup. Watch the frogs lose it when they meet a real team!

HG[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
That’s the best laugh I’ve had all day!

Oh grief, you were serious, weren’t you :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bassman.

My unique theory that the Aussie team has been playing lamely to dupe the very likes of you and the entire rugby world has yet to be proven wrong. I notice that aside from a forgivable oversight on the margins with Ireland, Auatralia has been in control of every game they’ve played and done so while appearing to play like rank amateurs.

He who laughs first, well they umm, laugh first, right?

Mark my words. I’d hate to see your little nation get too hurt. I know you don’t have anything else going for you and I’d hate to see our little cuzz’s across the water all bent out of shape the way they were when Rogernomics sent scores of them paddling to Sydney. Did someone turn off the lights, by the way?

HG

our lights are still on and burning bright thank you very much…well as bright as you can get off a couple of 60W bulbs…here’s to 5 pm on saturday when the aussies get found out for the bunch of hasbeens and neverwases that they are (with the exception of tuqiri of course who is a hell of a player)

I can’t agree with that at all. Many of the games have been thrilling, especially over the last two weekends. There have been lots of wonderful tries, especially by England against Samoa, Wales and Uruguay – though watching England struggle each time in the first half against South Africa, Samoa and Wales was a harrowing experience.

I’m really looking forward to the semi-finals. I’m sure they’ll both be riveting games, though I expect to be devastated when England are inevitably whopped by the French and a little disappointed when the less-deserving of the other two teams sneaks through by the narrowest of margins to join les Coqs in the final.

Ha! I’m not alone after all.

Hang on, less deserving? Doh!

HG

France

I’m with Hex. France to cream England. And the final to be a thriller with Le Blues lifting the Web Ellis come next weekend.

I think Aus’s Southern Cross looks better than ours (better colours and looks better with the little star), but I don’t liek their big star and I don’t like the Union Jack on either flag. Sooner NZ gets a new flag (and changes it’s name to Aotearoa) the better. There’s been some good design’s.

Brian

What’s that Brian? Are you suggesting that New Zealand should (gasp!) break away from the motherland? :shock: I think you must have been listening to Chen Shui-bian and Lee Teng-hui a bit too much. Never forget that New Zealand is an inalienable part of Her Majesty’s dominions, and anyone propagating splittist views will only generate revulsion and draw condemnation from the mass of loyal subjects on all our shores. :wink:

That’s right, but in the corridors of power its all fear, fear that a splittist Aotearoa wil flow on to the fall of Australia and spark a domino effect throughout the pink bits on the maps of every Commonwealth classroom. Where will it end? The county level in the old Dart itself I’m afraid. Anarchy, chaos. Simply not on.

But on maps, here’s one for John Winston Tosspot Howard. Sorry - was that so hard?

HG

map? surely you mean flag? always thought one of aussie’s darkest days (one of many mind) was when cathy freeman got rebuked for carrying her nations flag for a lap of honor round homebush…

I think that Australia should get a new flag, and then New Zealand can get one that looks almost indentical to it. That way everyone will be happy.

Um, erh, yes. and a new map. In fact in a sense they are getting a new map what with all that whittling off of outer islands so the refugees can’t claim to have landed in Oz.

Back to the rugger, Brass Monkey’s my venue of choice.

HG

but get there early if you want a good possie…it’s gunna be chocker…hope to see some blow up roo’s in attendance