Wholefood cafe. In hills between Xindian & Wulai. Very good

I sometimes miss good old wholefood restaurants. Hearty vege fare in a warm atmosphere, plenty of New Mexico type colors on the walls. There used to be quite a few in the UK but there aren’t so many now.

Anyway, I found a place on the road up to Wulai that’s pretty much what I’ve been looking for. Cafe del Mar South American vegan restaurant. Good chili and empanadas. Other stews and things that I haven’t tried yet but will. Nice Colombian coffee. Good cakes too. Good spot overlooking a little valley. There’s a deck on the roof or an air-conditioned restaurant area.

It’s after the turn right to Wulai and after the first dam, but before the road goes back down to the village by the lake. On the right hand side.

Tel: 02-2666-6072
Mob: 0981-687-408

Wed - Fri 4:30 - 9:30
Weekends 11 - 3:30 and 5 - 9:30.

Anyone else been there? I know Icon likes a good cup of coffee and lives in the Xindian area.

Not yet but certainly will.

It’s been my best-kept secret for some time now. :wink:

I’ve been. Very good indeed.

I’ve been too. Surprisingly good. I love the empanadas.

It’s exactly at kilometre marker 3.

What are the prices like? Expensive? Reasonable? Or, does anyone know if they have a menu online anywhere?

Thanks.

Very very sweet people. I had this…potato pie…was giving my dog a blood transfusion there at the time…can’t remember!! Not cheap but not insanely expensive.

[quote=“likeanyother”]What are the prices like? Expensive? Reasonable? Or, does anyone know if they have a menu online anywhere?

Thanks.[/quote]Reasonable. Mains around 300. Snacks around 200. Good value set including homemade soup, salad, main, cake, and a drink (I suggest the Colombian coffee) for around 450.