Who's studying at at Feng Chia (逢甲大學) in 2011

Im interested to find out I will be the only Forumosa’n going to Feng Chia this year.

I am starting in September, how about you?

Edit: Feng Chia (逢甲大學) is in Taichung. It is most famous for being next to the Feng Chia night market.

Where is Feng Chia?

I’m currently a student there. I hear level 001 is very repetitive, but I started out in level 101 and I really like my teachers. They’re very hands on and ensure everyone participates and understands exactly what their teaching. In my experience, the teachers also seem to really care about you learning. There’s this one teacher, He Fen Fen, I have never seen anyone love teaching and be so enthusiastic about it as her. Also, the people who work in the office are extremely nice and helpful. Their English is pretty good too. I would recommend going to Feng Chia. :slight_smile:

Cool, so there is at least one other forumosa’n there (: I am not sure what level I will be starting at, but it won’t be the first level.

Where would level 101 be with regards to the Practical Audio Visual Chinese (PAVC) books? I am half way through book two (new edition).

Is there really only one other person on Forumosa studying at fengjia? Just checking (:

I studied there a couple of years ago, but not now.

What levels did you study? I am curious to find out how each level maps to the PAVC books?

I believe I did levels 6 and 7 there. When I left, we were at the end of book 4. I then did book 5 at Zhong Xing university.

I was trying to promote my online PAVC review site with them, but couldn’t get any traction. Providence currently uses it, and I’m in negotiations with Tunghai to have them use it as well.

What level / book are you at?

I self studied the text/words of book two, now I am going through book two again in classes at Fengjia.

I am not surprised you would not get far with PAVC at fengchia, it seems to me that the PAVC books are only subset of the content being taught. In my classes its probably 20% PAVC with 80% other content.

On top of doing one PAVC lesson per week there are probably another 100 words to learn per week. An online review site to review just the PAVC content itself is probably not a sufficient aide for me as a student.

Actually you’re right about there being a lot of non PAVC material taught at Feng Chia (especially with their option classes). I added a new section to the site that let you add your own vocabulary. It would then generate tests around that vocabulary.