Why are foreigners habitually late in Taiwan?

If a world war requires US involvement then there have been a fair few since 1945.

I know that’s not what you meant. However, a world war needs most of the world involved. It can happen without the USA.

Seems like the kid didn’t know the seller so how much dislike and passive aggressiveness applies here is ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

However, they are a co-worker/associate yeah I work definitely agree that applies.

I don’t understand. Just because US involvement would be a requirement for a world war, that wouldn’t mean that it would be dispositive evidence. Certainly there would be other requirements, no? Sorry, I’m just not following your logic.

BTW, my first comment was not intended to be serious, so I’m not debating whether WWI and II were “World Wars” before the US showed up…I’m just trying to understand your statement.

There would need to be other nations involved. Otherwise the American Civil War would have been a world war.

That was kinda my point, though I would have defined a world war much more narrowly than that.

I’m happy to go with WWI 1917-1918 and WWII 1941 (just) -1945.

2 Likes

I’m not up on the specifics of the wars (gimme a break, I’m 'Merican), but that sounds about right.

No…just for winning. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Two old textbooks, a Samsung Galaxy S5, and an external harddrive.

Chinese text books?

One maths, one engineering textbook.

I am the most punctual person I know, and I am literally surrounded by Taiwanese people every day. Was there a point to this question?

1 Like

My experience with Italians :grinning:

I find most people in Taiwan are lax about being punctual. However, during my time in Singapore I found the locals there to be much worse than here. I would always be the first at the restaurant with locals showing up 20 minutes to one over one hour late. I would chide them every time but they never changed. I eventually just showed up 30 minutes “late” and would sometimes still be the first one there.

Don’t go to a wedding dinner in Singapore. Since the locals are so late the wedding venue caters to such a habit and starts the wedding dinner late and strings out the event. I left a wedding at 9:30pm (I arrived at 6:00) and they were only serving the 6th dish out of 10.