Why are people so different at work and in life?

There are not less businesses opening, more just don’t succeed.

1 Like

Taiwan property is insane but not at HK levels !!!

that makes sense, and i’ve seen it happen but i would say thats because people go to restaurants for 2 different reasons. either just to eat a meal - it should be cheap or for a more special occasion, like with friends or a date, which can be more expensive. who wants to pay 400 for your basic lunch?

i searched old country on google, but i don’t think its the same old country you are talking about…

My basic lunch special at a nearby Japanese place in teh Combat Zone -which is very expensive in teh evenings, but seemingly does need some extra business- is 145 NTD. I sually add a little something, because their food is delicious, and they have all these tapas like friedn fish or aubergine which I can share with a colleague. That pushes the numbers up to 200 ±.

300 to 400 is a luch special at a Western place say IKEA, Fridays or Chillis.

Preach more about workplace pettiness and backstabbies! Any tips on how to handle it?

@Thatwasbeyondwords , welcome to the forum coliseum!
What backstabbing and pettiness are you seeing at your workplace?
What kind of workplace (education, finance, technology, etc.)?

Tech industry. All I see are a bunch of 30 year olds gossiping and acting way too cool, like the “popular” kids in high school. My eyes are white from how far they’ve rolled back. I’m surprised I can still type.

1 Like

What do they do? Just curious… and who are they popular compared to. Wouldnt everyone in that company or building be in the Tech industry?