Why are people so different at work and in life?

Genius. How do you buy a property when they cost a gazillion squid already ?

The Bay Area is the EXTREME outlier of real estate pricing in the US.
Sort of like Manhattan or Hollywood.
If you want to live in those places, you have to face that fact and plan your life accordingly. Can’t cry over spilt land.

As if I’m the only expat who has criticized Taiwan’s terrible working conditions and management. You should try reading more posts on forumosa.

2 Likes

true, complaining is a staple of the ex-pat experience

It’s a staple of the working experience too.

3 Likes

Tommy, I can sell you a nice property in the ol country, where you can retire by teh beach and live like a king. Your wife will like the weather, even if it si not as hot and humid as where she is from, it will be a welcome respite from harsh winter.

Ok done do I need a tommygun?

Think the wife’s plan is to parachute me down to Borneo and I can fend for myself in the jungle while avoiding the Dayak.

Depending on the area, yes. But mostly a machete to fend of pumas, alligators and anacondas.

Perfect!!

Oh and the ocassional tarantula.

But the weather is awesome and the houses splendid.

Define “awesome.”

21 degrees all year long.

Of course, we can send Tommy where it gets hot, for his wife’s sake. Say 26?

Damn! Sign me up.

Well, I finally convinced uncle Bob to sell up his place. Very nice townhouse, garage fits two cars, excellent construction, safe area with private entrance and guards. We used to live in the same neighborhood, loved it.

I get commission from the sale, ROLF!

Why do you live in Taiwan again ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s definitely not as many bearded men here as…your ol country.

May I remind you my family’s Asian genes are strong, not abearded chest nor furry arms, not even a beard among them… unless you are woman. then yes, you have a beard.

In the old country beards are considered “dirty”, long hair means hippy gringos. Men are used to being served hand and foot, and we have etiquette rules about that which resemble the Japanese ones.

My reasons for not being there are long but weather is not one of them, unless you mention seasonal allergies. I rarely suffer that here, believe it or not. But almost sneezed my lungs out in Japan, of all places. Blasted Spring.

Icon?

Yep. And family.

My wife loves cool weather
I am the one that likes 34c and 100pct humidity…lizard that I am