Why are Taiwan's trucks blue?

What, blue is a ‘male’ colour? :ponder:

no, its a nice double entendre ‘blue’ as in sad and ‘blue’ as in balls…

I’ve been posing this question to locals since I first started visiting Taiwan in 2002 and have yet to get an answer. The most common answer I get is “I never thought about it before”. I’ve asked Taiwanese owners of blue trucks, government workers, and even car dealers. No one seems to know. Does any one here on Forumosa know?

Just curious. :ponder:

1 Like

Me too! Have no idea.

In the UK the trucks/vans are white. Same problem as here and the term ‘white van man’ is used (usually in a negative way).

Maybe that just have shit loads of blue paint?

There was a sale.

It’s so the police can see where the bloodstains are without too much effort.

It so that my dad can tell what kind of vehicle did a hit and run on his car and caused 6,000NT worth of damage and repairs.

Isn’t it because blue is the cheapest colour pigment to use in paint, and as trucks are commercial vehicles, this colour is the cheapest option?

this has been discussed before:

Some of them are just pretending to be blue.

Yes I think do too. I saw one the other day it, looked really happy.

Thank you. I did a search before posting but obviously I wasn’t thorough enough. Looks like the answers then were as creative as they are now. :slight_smile:

Ok, let me burst the bubble then: it is a government regulation, because those are the trucks allowed to carry goods.

1 Like

that question and also the question about why Asians have “small” eyes… are questions that one should never ask… hahahaha :roflmao:

Blue with a green chassis? :ponder: Maybe it has been reading the polls.

Yea but, why blue? Could of been another colour?

If you combine your answer with Super hans answer then we have one of the most perfect pieces of logic: Blue (cheapest colour) and make that the colour people need to have their trucks, for commercial goods carrying.

But what about big trucks? They come in all colours!

A lot of the bigger trucks have green tractor units. Most of the gravel trucks have orange trailers.

There are white blue trucks around - I’ve seen some, and you can change the colour of the truck if you want. IKEA’s trucks are Swedish hue to them. However, you are messing with my head now.

Blue is the color of the flag, the official color.

Notice buses and other larger vehicles have the driver’s info printed on the back. This is also as per regulation.

I was wondering about this question and decided to search it here before opening a new topic.
But instead of finding an answer, there’s only more uncertainties! 15 years and not a definitive answer yet?!
Would anyone now know the real reason behind it?

1 Like

I myself am going with this answer…

1 Like