Why are the local websites so hungry for your data?

I recently signed up for a TOEIC exam. Had to fill out the corresponding online form. They wanted to know:

Name
Birthday
Address
ID
Passport Photo
Country of Birth
What I studied
Where I studied
When I studied
Stool sample
My last and current Workplace including my position
Addresses of said workplaces
When I worked there

Ended up not doing the exam because I don’t see any reason to give app. 2/3 of the information asked.
Seriously wtf?@@ I just want to test my language skills and not join their company.

2 Likes

Stool sample ???

2 Likes

That’s an artistic exaggeration. But the rest is true.

2 Likes

It’s almost all printed on your ARC/APRC, stool sample would be questionable.

1 Like

That it’s already on my arc doesn’t make it better. I also don’t see the point having so much personal information on the arc. Name, birthday, photo and id number should be enough.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t ask for your email and/or phone number. They won’t even be able to send you a confirmation!

1 Like

My bad they indeed asked for mobile, landline and email. All things requested were marked with a red star as important information that couldn’t be omitted.

1 Like

I’ve noticed it too. Bike rental apps.
The local banks now try to get a shutkoad of info from you aswell. Data is gold.

1 Like

They should put it on a blockchain. I don’t trust them with my data.

2 Likes

Just use fake data until you can determine whether you want to use the app or whatever…

1 Like

Thats just because Taiwan is 30 years behind everyone. Most countries do it via digital means without your knowledge or permission. Taiwan still uses forms…

1 Like