Why Beijing may want to keep Trump in the White House

Trump literally started a Trade War with China to start making up for the hundreds of billions of dollars lost to China and stolen intellectual property (IP theft by China alone costs the US economy 600 billion per year).

You really think Beijing likes Trump and wants him to win re-election?

1 Like

You know that China’s government is an unscrupulous government. They have
no transparency, nor do they have laws regarding freedom of information. That
is why they allowed the COVID-19 to spread within Wuhan and the rest of China
for 2 months until if began to threaten the rest of the world.
If China is going to keep Trump in office even if Biden wins the election, that’s going
to result into grave turmoil. As much as I am against US and Western imperialism,
I will not bow down to Chinese imperialism in any way, shape or form. Chinese imperialism will cause a threat to our individual rights and freedoms and the sovereignty of all nations.

November 3 will determine the fate of the planet.

so the TLDR is that china are happy about the effects of their virus?

1 Like

Chinese leaders may have a growing feeling that US democracy has passed its sell-by-date but if they had to express a choice, might they too be glad to see the back of Donald Trump?

That’s certainly the assessment of the US intelligence community that has concluded that Mr Trump’s unpredictability, and his harsh criticisms of Beijing, mean the Communist Party leadership would prefer him to lose.

But Professor Yan Xuetong, dean of the Institute of International Relations at Beijing’s Tsinghua University, disagrees.

“If you ask me about where China’s interests lie,” he says, “the preference would be for Trump rather than Biden”.

“Not because Trump will do less damage to China’s interests than Biden, but because he definitely will damage the US more than Biden.”

Gonna side with the Intelligence Community on this one and not this singular professor.

He basically says, Trump will damage America more because he’s an authoritarian dictator - which is totally false and just the narrative that the left has constructed for 4 years with false accusations and out of context outrage thrown at him daily. Seems the professor has taken the Lefts bait.

However now that I look at it from a different lens - the Democrats will burn the country to ground if they lose this election - so it is possible in that sense, that America will be damaged by a sore-losing Democrat party burning, looting, protesting etc, than by the actual Trump administration itself which is trying to bring forth a vaccine and the economy roaring back.

So actually yeah, in that sense, the Prof is somewhat right.

1 Like

My 401k?

No. It won’t.

Sure, bc the US during the cold war had Russia to “contain.” Russia did pretty well for themselves and continues to do so. China wants a little summin summin too, largely bc they are a shaky State on a shaky economy with enormous domestic issues which could propel them into a century of wound licking.

I mean, no offense, but read a book or two on geopolitics.

1 Like

Not that i respect Trump at all. But to be fair, the handling of the CCP virus in the states has a lot of individual blame as well. I mean, people in the states havent exactly been shining beacons of inteligence during this whole fiasco…trump and his cronies deserve a huge amount of abuse due to their handling of it all, but the people should be a bit careful pointing fingers in the states.

China replacing the states in the future? Thats a world i hope to never see realised. Despite how retarded the the culture in the US may seem, it holds a lot more hope than that of China. By leagues of magnitude.

2 Likes

When I’m done, your 401k will become an 802k!

Vote @Marco

Thats all we need to hear then! MAGA!

Wait youre canadian…communists arent appreciated down there…

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

Could be updated to:

And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans and Trump or Biden are going to make a difference?

Sure, you can just keep printing money. I’ll be a billionaire and there’ll be no more trees.

That part of the OP was especially ridiculous.

Russia is a potential ally. China is the enemy.

My sweet summer child.

I see you fail to understand the meaning of potential. I’m looking a few decades into the future, not at spy wars, which are to be expected. Probably all tit for tat.

Didn’t read the article? :white_check_mark:

It is a long one, but a worthwhile one.

I knew about that during Obama’s terms, and I did read it.