Why Can't We Say the F and C words in Food and Drink?

On the contrary, I consider it very generous

2 Likes

And, before everyone gets all the :banana: up in my grill, there are those who would instantly categorise using “grow” as an active verb to be instant self-identification as a gormless twat, but @Rocket, for one, declined to go there.
You’re welcome.

:banana::banana::banana: shit

https://youtu.be/MOKXguty5Do

The censoring here is not a big deal compared to some other forums I’ve been to (one place they didn’t even allow “damn” or “Hell”). Do we really need to replace the f-bomb with that stupid dancing banana though? There must be something less goofy, like automatic asterisks.

Huh. Thanks. I was prepared to be annoyed about the limits, but this is a good explanation. I didn’t realize The Almighty Algorithms did this.

1 Like

YouTube suffers from similar issues so a lot of hosts avoid swearing . I think this could be a challenge for my ‘driving in Taiwan’ show.

If you introduce children in your show (even your own kids) you will also be limited. They have all kinds of rules.

1 Like

Right. It started with YouTube and it’s spreading.

1 Like

Absolutely! Use what you want. But if I see it. It’s getting edited with the dancing banana. Use fuddruckers if you want.

Why would TG want to grow the site? It’s not a commercial venture; we get no benefit from attracting people who are so witless as to be unable to find their way here on their own steam.

4 Likes

I would assume it’s much better than spending money on hosting, servers, domains for a ghost town.

It benefits us indirectly because while there are a lot of idiots, some people do bring useful info about food or things we didn’t know we wanted. I dunno about you, but I think someone would want to know that there is a gaming bar on 7 Songjiang Road (@Andrew0409) or Taipei’s Otaku Centre is underground near Main Station.

There are ads on this site. People wouldnt spend money advertising on a ghost town.

Yeah but nah but. Cost vs benefit. How much traffic are we losing by not being picked up in search results due to selfish c*nts dropping swear bombs?

Not much and most of it would be irrelevant traffic, lurkers and the like (boo). Anyone with a real interest in Taiwan will find their way here. Search anything related to Taiwan and if we’ve discussed it it’ll turn up in a result.

It’s you’re call but it looks to me that the mods who ban swearing ban it because it’s a personal preference, not because they think it harms our “image”.

We’ve grown very nicely as a site whilst being a sweary bunch of bastards, why bind with briars our joys and desires?

3 Likes

My dashcam stopped working so I checked the memory card and it was full. I thought that was weird as it should wipe itself clean every 24 hours or so.

The user guide stated that anything that appeared to be a collision was saved permanently. Somehow they did this through sound and lo and behold all the saved footage was me screaming abuse at my fellow road users.

You might want to check your memory card.

7 Likes

:rofl: This reminds me of a story

My father always used to have some choice words for people while driving, but toned it down when I was young and impressionable. Although he censored all the worst things he typically said, one thing he still always reliably did was exclaim “Good God!!” when he pulled into a full parking lot where he anticipated having trouble finding a spot.

According to the lore, one day we were all driving somewhere as a family. I was 2ish and strapped to the child seat in the back. He pulled up to an offensively full parking lot. Before he even had a chance to open his mouth, I opened mine and said “Good God!!” for him.

He never said a word while driving again.

Tangential, but the moral of this story is: your kids are also memory cards.

5 Likes

This is hilarious :joy:

1 Like

I usually manage to control myself when my child is in the car. However, Annie has a swear box where I have to put a coin every time I fail.

1 Like
2 Likes

We don’t appreciate that kind of profanity around here.

1 Like

Fried clams.

I prefer Fudge Crumble.