Why do doctors give you meds in baggies?

It seems super sus if you’re taking a baggie full of unlabelled tablets through border control in any country? Why are they so keen to give out baggies here?

so you the bags printed like in UK

It’s all the meds that the doctor prescribed. You can request that they be given in separate labeled bags if you want.

Because Taiwan likes single use plastic for everything.

Plastic bottles are better?

I think the real question is why do other places use plastic bottles that are radically inconvenient to carry around for something as important as medication that should be easy to access throughout the day

Plastic bags they’re much more convenient can put them in your pocket or purse or whatever instead of trying to carry around the three pills you need for later in the day unlabeled.

My Taiwan plastic bag experience is label anything that needs a prescription if not then it could be an unlabeled plastic bag.

You can put your weed in those.

1 Like

That’s fine since it has the medication name labelled and is sealed. I’m talking about ones like this:

This is what doctors use in Hong Kong too where I grew up. Pretty normal. Not a Taiwan thing.

When I had to see a doctor at a cheap little clinic in Taipei, the pills they dispensed had each dose sealed in a string of tiny paper bags, each bag printed with labels describing the contents. I haven’t seen the random plastic baggie method!