Why do I always rub South Africans the wrong way?

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Taiwanderer”]You know what AAF?I’ve decided that all this animosity is doing no-one any good.Perhaps Forumosa has been doing me some good in the past few weeks that I’ve been posting.I’ve ranted,raved & nothing much good to say except for my omelette recipe in the breakfast thread.And even if I see what I said as truth,in the end,no-one can benefit.So now I will sit back & watch.

Right now I have to tutor my student,but will add something more later.
Take care,guys.[/quote]

Continued…

A friend from a neighbouring city came to visit me last Sunday & we discussed some of the goings-on on this thread & this Website.We discussed politics,we discussed Apartheid.And he said something which was quite simple,yet a truth which cannot be fled from.He told me that as a Christian,he could not possibly condone Apartheid.And if I am a Christian,too,then if I am to follow the tenets of Christianity,I cannot continue to condone it either.It’s just that simple.[/quote]

:astonished: :noway: :loco:

So common sense wasn’t enough? You need blind faith and superstition to tell you apartheid was vile and evil? Chalk one up for Christ then I guess.

As I haven’t committed to this thread in awhile, let me now write that you no longer have the benefit of my doubt Twder. I was hoping against hope that you weren’t (sorry…your message wasn’t) completely racist and moronic. Turns out my instincts were spot on. I, for one, would be overjoyed if you committed to your upthread promise of leaving f.com. As self-annointed King of the Banned, I am embarrassed to have you as a member of our club. Bring back Chewy! Bring back Chewy!! Dirty Sanchez jokes seem pretty tame now, don’t they folks?

Twder, you’ve done zip to dissuade me of my opinion that (most) Saffies are crude and ignorant. Your countrymen must be proud.

Sorry Alleycat and Double Divets…this guy is too much. AAF and Bizmark, I’ve yet to meet either of you, but I implore you…please continue to thrash his guy the fuck outta here.

[quote=“Toe Save”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Taiwanderer”]You know what AAF?I’ve decided that all this animosity is doing no-one any good.Perhaps Forumosa has been doing me some good in the past few weeks that I’ve been posting.I’ve ranted,raved & nothing much good to say except for my omelette recipe in the breakfast thread.And even if I see what I said as truth,in the end,no-one can benefit.So now I will sit back & watch.

Take care,guys.[/quote]

Continued…

A friend from a neighbouring city came to visit me last Sunday & we discussed some of the goings-on on this thread & this Website.We discussed politics,we discussed Apartheid.And he said something which was quite simple,yet a truth which cannot be fled from.He told me that as a Christian,he could not possibly condone Apartheid.And if I am a Christian,too,then if I am to follow the tenets of Christianity,I cannot continue to condone it either.It’s just that simple.[/quote]

:astonished: :noway: :loco:

So common sense wasn’t enough? You need blind faith and superstition to tell you apartheid was vile and evil? Chalk one up for Christ then I guess.

As I haven’t committed to this thread in awhile, let me now write that you no longer have the benefit of my doubt Twder. I was hoping against hope that you weren’t (sorry…your message wasn’t) completely racist and moronic. Turns out my instincts were spot on. I, for one, would be overjoyed if you committed to your upthread promise of leaving f.com. As self-annointed King of the Banned, I am embarrassed to have you as a member of our club. Bring back Chewy! Bring back Chewy!! Dirty Sanchez jokes seem pretty tame now, don’t they folks?

Twder, you’ve done zip to dissuade me of my opinion that (most) Saffies are crude and ignorant. Your countrymen must be proud.

Sorry Alleycat and Double Divets…this guy is too much. AAF and Bizmark, I’ve yet to meet either of you, but I implore you…please continue to thrash his guy the fuck outta here.[/quote]

I suppose you just can’t please some people.At least I’m satisfied that I’m on the path to a better life to having respect for people of all races.I realised that what I had stood for was wrong(ie,the opposite of common sense.)

Anyone who is moderate,as Toe Save in all likelihood purports to be,would not have responded in this way.

And so now you are IMPLORING others to “thrash the FUCK outta this guy”…

Seems your level of tolerance & spirit of conciliation is reaching the lowest depths of what I was accused of having.

Nice one,Toe Save.

Taiwanderer,

I see you removed the link to the 32 battalion site. A good move if I may say so; some things are better not shared with others.

Peace.

Anubis

Son, I tolerate everything but hate. Freedom of speech has its line. That line is racism.

Son,is there somethig wrong with you???By what I have stated,I am denouncing racism.

[quote=“Anubis”]Taiwanderer,

I see you removed the link to the 32 battalion site. A good move if I may say so; some things are better not shared with others.

Peace.

Anubis[/quote]

Indeed,I no longer wish to dig up the past.Nothing more needs to be said.

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Anubis”]Taiwanderer,

Peace.

Anubis[/quote]

Indeed,I no longer wish to dig up the past.Nothing more needs to be said.[/quote]

…let the healing begin… :wink:

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Taiwanderer”]You know what AAF?I’ve decided that all this animosity is doing no-one any good.Perhaps Forumosa has been doing me some good in the past few weeks that I’ve been posting.I’ve ranted,raved & nothing much good to say except for my omelette recipe in the breakfast thread.And even if I see what I said as truth,in the end,no-one can benefit.So now I will sit back & watch.

Take care,guys.[/quote]

Continued…

I wish you well with your decision. I think that one could possibly agree with certain components of Apartheid, but as a whole, it was a terrible system. I think if it were not for the road the NP decided to follow in 1948, we would have been much better off. The difficult times we are going through will not last forever. South Africa has the potential to be a great country.

Many foreign organizations are trying to alleviate poverty in Africa. Are there any South Africans willing to establish an organization to do the same?

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Taiwanderer”]You know what AAF?I’ve decided that all this animosity is doing no-one any good.Perhaps Forumosa has been doing me some good in the past few weeks that I’ve been posting.I’ve ranted,raved & nothing much good to say except for my omelette recipe in the breakfast thread.And even if I see what I said as truth,in the end,no-one can benefit.So now I will sit back & watch.

Take care,guys.[/quote]

Continued…

I wish you well with your decision. I think that one could possibly agree with certain components of Apartheid, but as a whole, it was a terrible system. I think if it were not for the road the NP decided to follow in 1948, we would have been much better off. The difficult times we are going through will not last forever. South Africa has the potential to be a great country.

Many foreign organizations are trying to alleviate poverty in Africa. Are there any South Africans willing to establish an organization to do the same?[/quote]

Thank you AAF.Now we just have to get Toe Save to apologise for calling my faith “superstitious” & “blind”.

Are you man enough,Toe?

What does being a “man” have to do with it? In my opinion, all religion is superstition. It’s much the same as believing whistling attracts ghosts or drinking coffee makes your unborn child’s skin darker. My opinion. Choose to ignore it if you disagree.

And let’s not forget, you started this thread. You brought support of apartheid into the forumosan light. Can u really be surprised that there is disagreement bordering on umbrage at what you’ve started? If you’ve had a change of heart, then good for you. Whatever gets you thru the night.

[quote=“AAF”]Skelmstreek
Jakkals sê vir Gansie ‘kom eet vanaand by my.
Daar`s heerlike ou kossies en uintjies uit die vlei’.
‘Nee dankie’ sê die gansie, ’al staan jy op jou kop.
As ek vir jou kom kuier, eet jy my seker op’![/quote]

Here’s how my online translator rendered this:

[quote]skelmstreek fox say for gansie ‘kom eat this evening by my . daar`s delicious old kossies and uintjies out the flatters . no. thank you say the gansie, all stand you at your pate . as i for your come visit , eat you my sure on ! …[/quote] :laughing:

[quote=“Toe Save”]What does being a “man” have to do with it? In my opinion, all religion is superstition. It’s much the same as believing whistling attracts ghosts or drinking coffee makes your unborn child’s skin darker. My opinion. Choose to ignore it if you disagree.

And let’s not forget, you started this thread. You brought support of apartheid into the forumosan light. Can u really be surprised that there is disagreement bordering on umbrage at what you’ve started? If you’ve had a change of heart, then good for you. Whatever gets you thru the night.[/quote]

Of course you are entitled to your opinion,but if you don’t want to be offensive to others as I admit to having been,then rather don’t call the beliefs of another,superstition.It’s bound to ruffle feathers unnecessarily.Being a man means apologising for having insulted another.I was guilty of that,& so I aplogised.Seems you are exposing yourself here…SON.

It would appear that you are not so nice,after all.And that perhaps,just perhaps,I’m not so terrible after all.SON.

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Toe Save”]What does being a “man” have to do with it? In my opinion, all religion is superstition. It’s much the same as believing whistling attracts ghosts or drinking coffee makes your unborn child’s skin darker. My opinion. Choose to ignore it if you disagree.

And let’s not forget, you started this thread. You brought support of apartheid into the forumosan light. Can u really be surprised that there is disagreement bordering on umbrage at what you’ve started? If you’ve had a change of heart, then good for you. Whatever gets you thru the night.[/quote]

Of course you are entitled to your opinion,but if you don’t want to be offensive to others as I admit to having been,then rather don’t call the beliefs of another,superstition.It’s bound to ruffle feathers unnecessarily.Being a man means apologising for having insulted another.I was guilty of that,& so I aplogised.Seems you are exposing yourself here…SON.

It would appear that you are not so nice,after all.And that perhaps,just perhaps,I’m not so terrible after all.SON.[/quote]

Nah, I met ToeSave once, he was a great guy.

My cats prefer to be rubbed in the head-to-toe direction, with the fur. Which way is one supposed to rub a South African? :question:

1 Like

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“AAF”]Skelmstreek

Hahaha.

"Devious Jackal says to Goose"Come & have dinner with me tonight.There’s delicious food & uintjies(a kind of fruit,but not sure)
“No thank you says Goose,even if you stand on your head for me,(to try to entice me)if I come to visit you,you’ll surely eat me.”

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“AAF”]Skelmstreek

Here’s my translation (which I should have provided in the first place, but it’s always nice to be asked “What does it mean?”):

Cunning trick
Jackal says to Little Goose, “Come and dine with me this evening.
There’s lovely food (foodies, lit.) and oraea edulis from the vlei”.
"No thank you, says Little Goose, “Even if you stand on your head.
If I come to visit you, you’ll certainly eat me up!”

[quote=“superking”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Toe Save”]What does being a “man” have to do with it? In my opinion, all religion is superstition. It’s much the same as believing whistling attracts ghosts or drinking coffee makes your unborn child’s skin darker. My opinion. Choose to ignore it if you disagree.

It would appear that you are not so nice,after all.And that perhaps,just perhaps,I’m not so terrible after all.SON.[/quote]

Nah, I met ToeSave once, he was a great guy.[/quote]

Hmmmm,but what he’s blurting out here aint so nice eh?

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“superking”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Toe Save”]What does being a “man” have to do with it? In my opinion, all religion is superstition. It’s much the same as believing whistling attracts ghosts or drinking coffee makes your unborn child’s skin darker. My opinion. Choose to ignore it if you disagree.

Nah, I met ToeSave once, he was a great guy.[/quote]

Hmmmm,but what he’s blurting out here aint so nice eh?[/quote]

That was said before the peace accord.

All we are saaaaaaaaying…is give peace a chance…

He says, with a gun for his avatar.