Chop chop chop.

I think Allah doesn’t exist

Chop chop chop.

The Koran is rubbish

Chop chop chop.

Im a homosexual.

Chop chop chop

It must take so much courage for you to walk through Taipei Main… :scream:

That is why you don’t like Islam. Or, that is why you don’t like Muslims too?

That (or anything) can be a reason to dislike Islam (and Muslims if that is the case). But it cannot mean all of muslims cannot integrate, imo.

It’s inevitable on an open forum that a controversial topic will attract illogical and bigoted* posters. As to be expected this thread has got more than its fair share, but do we need a “Don’t mention the war” policy on forumosa?

Pubs, not entirely tongue in cheek, used to have lists of topics that were not to be discussed for fear of creating rows. I don’t want it to look like I’m stirring the pot, and I don’t want to create unnecessary work for the mods. If criticism of religion is too hot a potato for forumosa then put a blanket ban on it. No special treatment for Islam, though.

*This includes me when it comes to religion. I’m done with being tolerant of intolerance.

I’ve been speaking as a participant in the discussion and have not been moderating it. If you think Islam is getting a free ride here, you can certainly bring it up in Feedback.

That’s not what I just posted at all. I have no problems with the moderation of this thread. I was offering a possible solution to the issue you raised about bigotry being inevitable in discussions about Islam. Obviously a ban on criticism of Islam only would be unfair.

And we’ve brought up many of these points!

Such as

Women tend to be 2nd class citizens by law and culture.

Ridiculous and inhumane punishments

Attitude towards science and truth

Not Being able to freely practice whatever religion or beliefs they may have

And many more reasons on why they would possibly cause many Muslim countries to be shit holes and stay as shit holes. Also on why they tend to not make the best immigrants to almost any western and modern countries.

1 Like

Agreed, Also makes no sense to criticize all of Catholicism for the Pedo thing. Its really limited to the Clergy/Bishops doing this to its followers. Its not the 1.2 billion Catholics worshippers doing this to people of other faiths cause Jesus told them to. And I’m no fan of the Catholic Religion or Religions in general

1 Like

I also see a difference between criticism of the Catholic Church and the Christian religion. Is there something in Christianity that would encourage pedos?

Speaking of pedos, Mohammad took a child bride and it’s something that does happen in the Islamic world.

1 Like

Yes it does.

Mohammad Lazim runs one such business, helping arrange cross-border marriages for Malaysian men. He works with more than 50 bridegrooms a year, mainly wanting a second or third wife – but insists never with underage brides. He says that his business is tiny compared with some.

“People come from all over Malaysia to do this,” he said. “Business is booming: instead of applying to a sharia court in Malaysia and answering all their difficult questions – a process that takes sometimes a year – the shortcut is to come to Thailand. Here there is no law.”

The practice is also particularly lucrative for imams practising on the Thai side of the Golok river, who charge four times as much to conduct a marriage for a visiting Malaysian as they do for people from their own community. In Malaysia, Che Abdul Karim would have found it difficult or impossible to obtain permission to marry Ayu; in Thailand, he simply paid the imam 4,500 baht (£105), and it was done. He has since been fined1,800 Ringgit (£340) in a sharia court in Malaysia after pleading guilty to polygamy and conducting the marriage without the court’s permission.

1 Like

I hope everyone on this thread reads that article. Looking forward to reading their responses…

But, but, but…its ok cause…Crusades! Colonialism…yada. yada

Did Crusades reach to Malaysia? Was Thailand colonized?

We’ve presented with some very damning analysis, theories, and evidence of the negatives of Islam. I’ve yet to hear anything you’ve brought up that even began to balance that out on the positive side. Tell me some social utility of Islam, because I can’t think of too many.

Community?

What else?

No but Radical Islam has, don’t get your point.

why should I do that? I’m actually surprised that when I argue on certain point related to islamic countries and muslims or attitude of some people to them, you feel that I’m defending Islam.

For some people, strict rules of Ismal seem to be attractive, though. And I’m sure the religious itself is not meant to oppress people.

I thought you said it is ok because of Crusades and Colonialism.

Why?

There are so many religions, I’m certain some are meant to and do oppress people.

What are you even saying? You’re not making any points.

oh no I was just being sarcastic…nevermind

If your argument is that Islam in the purest form straight from the original source is not bad. The intentions of it is good even. And it’s the different interpretation of it that’s the issue. Not the texts itself.

1. Who the fuck cares, the reality is that a huge chunk of people do believe in some really messed up things. And would kill us for having this discussion. What percentage of Muslim being radical is acceptable for you?

2. There must be something off about the text or whatever they’re getting it from if so many people are not understanding it correctly.