Why do so many people hate France?

I believe your right-wing rag has either mistranslated, fabricated or quoted him out of context. For more accurate reporting on his stance, check out the French embassy’s website:

info-france-usa.org/news/

which includes the following explanation from a Feb 24 interview with Le Figaro.

"The goal of regime change poses a fundamental question: who, acting on whose behalf, would determine whether a regime were good or bad? There is there a risk for world stability. We

Poor Mother Teresa…wouldn’t know parody if it bit you on the ass. :unamused:

Just for MT (From “Dr. Strangelove”):

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0055.html

General:

Try one of these Jamaican cigars, ambassador, they’re pretty good.

DeSadeski:

Thank you, no. I do not support the work of imperialist stooges.

General:

Oh, only commie stooges, huh?

Isn’t parody meant to be funny? Or at least clever?

Brian

[quote=“Sir Donald Bradman”]Isn’t parody meant to be funny? Or at least clever?

Brian[/quote]

It helps to have a sense of humor and an IQ larger than your shoe size. :laughing:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]French embassy’s website:

info-france-usa.org/news/

… includes the following explanation from a Feb 24 interview with Le Figaro.

"The goal of regime change poses a fundamental question: who, acting on whose behalf, would determine whether a regime were good or bad? There is there a risk for world stability. We

nytimes.com/2003/03/12/inter … 2OVER.html

How pathetic.

Wrong, Juba. How utterly, utterly pathetic. Scary to think that this is calibre of some of the people leading us into war!

They must be Sun readers.

Freedon fries? I would like to walk into a Burger King in the US asking for freedom fries. Wonder what they’l’ give me.

What about French kissing?

(BTW, Excelsior, a Krugman fan or just like the beard?)

Just waiting for the day they take down the Statue of Liberty … was a gift from the French, wasn’t it!?

[quote=“imyourbiggestfan”]What about French kissing?

(BTW, Excelsior, a Krugman fan or just like the beard?)[/quote]

Freedom Kissing

I’ll buy that for a dollar…

How about:

Freedom Onion Soup

Isn’t their a Paris in Idaho? Will the capitol of Indianna now be Peter?
Red Stick, Louisianna?

Will French wine go the way of Cuban cigars?

Will they still serve poutine in Hollywood, Florida if Canada decides to sit this one out like it did with Vietnam?

What more can we expect from a country where the marine honur guard carried the Canadian flag into The World Series upside down…well…I guess it is The Fall Classic…maybe the maple leaf was falling…it is red…

Actually, I found it all pretty funny. Then again, things have gone far off the deep end these days, haven’t they?

(a fan, but I wish he’d write more on the dismal science again)

Oh yeah…What about French Lick, Indianna?

Freedom Lick?

Me too. He’s done some pretty effective political diatribes. But, yeah, his economics pieces are the best. I’ve been reading less and less of his stuff. You know this web page, right?

www.pkarchive.org

Its a fairly comprehensive collection of his articles and stuff…

Well, what da ya know, there’s more! nytimes.com/2003/03/12/national/12FRIE.html

Thanks for the link to Krug’s unofficial site

where’s your senses of humor, friends? This is utterly funny, yes, let’s call them freedom fries and freedom toast and freedom kissing and pardon my freedom, freedom condoms… SMILE.

I mean, look, the frogs are being damn silly, so why can’t the Uhmericans retaliate in kind? It’s funny.

I say all this, as you know, a good friend and supporter of France and French culture. Humor, humor, in these days, we need alot of humor!

N’est-ce pas?

I wonder if previous “wars”/conflicts led to similar acts of stupidity. Do you know of any ridiculous laws or rules that were made during wars in the past, that could be seen as being on the same level as this extremely sad freedom fries joke?

In solidarity with my country, I will no longer wear French braids. I’ll wear Freedom Braids. Damn, that sounds more like George Clinton than George Bush.

They also decided to flex their muscles for Iraq by detonating their largest non-atomic bomb in Florida. If they were smart, they would have hit the It’s a Small World ride in Walt Disney World and killed two birds with one stone.
I thought someone hacked yahoo.com again and made up fake headlines and articles, but then as I read the articles, I came to the sad realization that they were in fact true.

But honestly, who in the f_ck elected these bozos who set off bombs to scare a country that isn’t trying to fight them, changes the name of food because the country that saved their asses from the British is not going to side with them on what is going to be the ugliest event in American history, and creates new federal departments that have names more appropriate for a family-owned burglar alarm company than a Cabinet that includes the CIA, the FBI, the ATF, the INS, and all those other three-letter abbreviations that are bent on killing people or at least robbing them of their freedom. Oh, that’s right, they weren’t elected…they were selected.
So when did the US give up pretending that they weren’t a plutocracy and began openly using its people as kindling to fuel their money-making war machines?
As someone cited, “War kills the innocent and not their evil leaders. Did you see George when the Twin Towers fell?”

To top it off, they named this bomb after Salt Lake City which a few months ago was the center for good-natured international sports competition with hosting the 2002 Winter Olympics. It’s almost like they are thumbing their nose at the world community. There are some really scary things going on in the US right now and the people supporting this dictatorship scare me more. It’s obvious that this was never about liberating the Iraqis for the American government. It’s about setting up a puppet ruler like they tried to in Afghanistan to get first dibs on their oil. Like the dictatorship they reinstated in Kuwait ten years ago.

I guess the American Empire doesn’t want to fall…it wants to crash and burn, and this pre-emptive strike is just the trick to do it…too bad they’re taking Britain down with them although, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say it was payback for the 18th and 19th centuries.

Two navels, there was that thing when “hamburgers” were renamed “Salisbury steaks” and “frankfurters” became “hotdogs” or whatever during WWII.

Imani, there is no oil in Afghanistan.

What should “they” have done with the Kuwaiti dictatorship? Should “they” have set up a puppet government to take control of Kuwait’s oil?