Why do Taiwanese girls prefer sex without condoms?

If she wants no party hat, and neither do you, then go get tested before you start pumping away, or get ready to sign up for a Darwin award. But be afraid of the cynical pregnancy thing.

[quote=“Vannyel”]…when a major religion with millions of followers discourages the use of condoms it has a lot to do with religion.
And for the sake of argument, why do you say it’s immoral? Isn’t this a value judgment? Are you here judging Asian culture by Western moral standards…naughty, naughty… :noway:[/quote]

Vannyel, where it is applicable then i would agree, but Taiwan is not a Catholic country, therefore that argument here is of little relevance.

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“Vannyel”]…when a major religion with millions of followers discourages the use of condoms it has a lot to do with religion.
And for the sake of argument, why do you say it’s immoral? Isn’t this a value judgment? Are you here judging Asian culture by Western moral standards…naughty, naughty… :noway:[/quote]

Vannyel, where it is applicable then I would agree, but Taiwan is not a Catholic country, therefore that argument here is of little relevance.[/quote]
You are quite right about the catholic argument; however, I think it’s a cultural thing and therefore we have no right to use Western morals to criticize Taiwan.
Abortions are obviously a more accepted form of birth control here and that is their choice.

[quote=“Vannyel”]
You are quite right about the catholic argument; however, I think it’s a cultural thing and therefore we have no right to use Western morals to criticize Taiwan.
Abortions are obviously a more accepted form of birth control here and that is their choice.[/quote]

Sorry, but that’s a bullshit argument. Unprotected sex with multiple partners spreads disease. That’s a fact. Knowing this, to have unprotected sex with multiple partners is socially and, yes I’d go out on a limb and say morally, irresponsible regardless of one’s culture. If you’re concerned about the Pope’s view, stay celibate until marriage. That goes for most every religion.

As for abortions, well, that’s a woman’s choice, but as a man, I prefer not to get someone pregnant unless I want a child. Abortions are not simple, risk-free ‘procedures’, either physically or emotionally.

The only reason for not using a condom for casual sex is because you just don’t give a shit about the other person.

Or, if you’re male and need a more selfish reason for using a condom, consider getting a VD test which involves having a cotton swap shoved and inch up your dick for a culture. Ain’t worth ten minutes of pleasure (or in my case, 90 minutes.)

90 minutes :astonished: Doesn’t your tongue get tired? :smiley:

Look if two people decide no party hat is ok then that is their choice and not morally irresponsible. It is their choice. If these people sleep with others then there is nothing stopping those other people from demanding that a condom be used.

BTW how reliable are Taiwanese condoms?

This is a question that needs some intense study. My research doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and the government refuses to fund it.

[quote=“butcher boy”]

Look if two people decide no party hat is ok then that is their choice and not morally irresponsible. It is their choice. If these people sleep with others then there is nothing stopping those other people from demanding that a condom be used.

BTW how reliable are Taiwanese condoms?[/quote]

OK, I retract the morally irresponsible comment. That was hypocritical on my part considering my lack of morals. But I maintain that it’s socially irresponsible. I’m not saying that it’s not peoples’ choice. Of course it’s your choice whether or not to slap on a rubber, just like it’s your choice to smoke or do drugs or drink until you fall flat on your face in a big pile of dog poop (which is why I drink mostly at home and don’t own a dog.)

I still think it’s stupid not to where a condom when you’ve having sex with lots of different people though. It’s just stupid, and, yes, people do have the choice to be stupid.

[quote=“hoedad”][quote=“butcher boy”]

BTW how reliable are Taiwanese condoms?[/quote]

OK, I retract the morally irresponsible comment. That was hypocritical on my part considering my lack of morals. But I maintain that it’s socially irresponsible. I’m not saying that it’s not peoples’ choice. Of course it’s your choice whether or not to slap on a rubber, just like it’s your choice to smoke or do drugs or drink until you fall flat on your face in a big pile of dog poop (which is why I drink mostly at home and don’t own a dog.)

I still think it’s stupid not to where a condom when you’ve having sex with lots of different people though. It’s just stupid, and, yes, people do have the choice to be stupid.[/quote]
So we agree!!..It is socially irresponsible…if you actually give a damn about society…and even if your partner prefers not to use a condom…you have the choice to demand they use one or not to have sex.

Oddly enough, the Philippines, a very Catholic country, has an amazingly low HIV/AIDS rate.

[quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“hoedad”]
… people do have the choice to be stupid.[/quote]
So we agree!!..It is socially irresponsible…if you actually give a damn about society…and even if your partner prefers not to use a condom…you have the choice to demand they use one or not to have sex.[/quote]

Absofuckinglutely.

Oddly enough, the Philippines, a very Catholic country, has an amazingly low HIV/AIDS rate.[/quote]
Doesn’t it also have something to do with how many sex partners a person has?

[quote=“Flicka”]
Oddly enough, the Philippines, a very Catholic country, has an amazingly low HIV/AIDS rate.[/quote]

Yes, and I’m sure whatever statistic you are quoting was based on a study of all 7,000+ islands.

Are you suggesting a negative correlation between Catholicism and AIDS because: 1) Catholics don’t have multiple sex partners, or; 2) God protects them, or; 3) Catholics don’t use condoms and there is a negative correlation between unprotected sex and the spread of AIDS, or; 4) The Philippines has, for some reason not associated with Catholicism, so far avoided the spread of AIDS, or; 5) Those statistics don’t represent reality?

Clearly, choice #3 (at least the part regarding the negative correlation) has been ruled out by science.

In short, what are you implying?

[quote=“hoedad”][quote=“Flicka”]

Yes, and I’m sure whatever statistic you are quoting was based on a study of all 7,000+ islands.

Are you suggesting a negative correlation between Catholicism and AIDS because: 1) Catholics don’t have multiple sex partners, or; 2) God protects them, or; 3) Catholics don’t use condoms and there is a negative correlation between unprotected sex and the spread of AIDS, or; 4) The Philippines has, for some reason not associated with Catholicism, so far avoided the spread of AIDS, or; 5) Those statistics don’t represent reality?

Clearly, choice #3 (at least the part regarding the negative correlation) has been ruled out by science.

In short, what are you implying?[/quote]
My vote goes to #6 - Guilt keeps most Catholics from having more than five different sex partners every month. :noway:

Maybe because like Taiwan keeps its AIDS rate low by being an island that requires all foreigners to take annual AIDS tests, maybe the same is true about the Philippines. I don’t think that many tourists visit that country and you don’t have people crossing the land border every day spreading disease. You can’t control land borders but islands are easily quarantined.

Not many (sex) tourists visit the philiphines?

[quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“hoedad”][quote=“Flicka”]

My vote goes to #6 - Guilt keeps most Catholics from having more than five different sex partners every month. :noway:[/quote]

Oh for pete’s sake, people, I was just throwing a bit of interesting trivia at you.

According toAIDS Failure Philippines, the low AIDS rate in the Philippines is a combination of government coverup and nobody getting tested. The President recently boasted that it’s the high standards of morality that keep them from AIDS, and many Philippinos say it’s because they pray so much. The conclusive evidence is that other STIs are transmitted at a rate common to all other countries, yet AIDS is not reported.

The Philippines is not Burma, but Burma’s HIV/AIDS epidemic may be the largest in Southeast Asia, and, due to long denials from the junta, perhaps the worst neglected.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“hoedad”][quote=“Flicka”]

My vote goes to #6 - Guilt keeps most Catholics from having more than five different sex partners every month. :noway:[/quote]

Oh for pete’s sake, people, I was just throwing a bit of interesting trivia at you.[/quote]
Relax buddy, it’s just a typical discussion :wink:

[quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“Flicka”]

Oh for pete’s sake, people, I was just throwing a bit of interesting trivia at you.[/quote]
Relax buddy, it’s just a typical discussion :wink:[/quote]

Relax?!!? :fume::eek: You’re telling me to RELAX?!!?

For Godsake I CONVERTED YESTERDAY. It’s too late to RELAX.

Well, it’s OK. I’ll make the best of the situation. Now that I’m Catholic at least I have an excuse to drink lots of whisky. :stuck_out_tongue: