Why Does IPad Keep Refreshing and Reloading

iPads suck (love my Mac).

Every time I pop in and out of Google maps, it dumps my map viewing location and goes to my current location.

Everytime I jump through webpages, it refreshes, and dumps whatever I was viewing a second earlier.

Common problem apparently.

BS.

I KNOW why, need to seek another model. Business plan understood, sucks for customer.

You probably know by now, but dont support apple…they will suck the finance directly from your bank account. Worse than an exwife with 5 kids and a grudge.

1 Like

Linux should make an OS for apple computers so
Older models
Can still work well enough
Or they do already ?

Not sure, i am about as anti apple as they come…

chrome on ios does the same.

I know I am replying a year later, but…

I should reply.

First, I should mention, Linux is not a company. It’s a kernel and colloquially, a family of many different operating systems.

Linux is modular and can parts can be put together and combined into their own operating systems named distros.

It’s open source, so anyone can contribute to it and build it.

So… No, Linux does not do that because it’s up to the distro.

Intel macs can run bog standard easy-to-use distros like Ubuntu or Debian.

ARM M1 macs are still experimental as the drivers have not been perfected for it.

But some forked distros remain in development by people contributing their free time to macs running PowerPC CPUs. Those machines were discontinued in 2005.

1 Like

In the last ten years wife has been responsible for spending I forget how many thousands on apple phones and a Mac and ear buds etc

She has had nearly every model of iPhone and both generations of the watch even got me one

I do like the products except for the tiny Mac which is too small for me to use

I figured out the answer to my original question.

It was a no-brainer.

iPad was old and the ram was not large enough.

So I could only keep a couple windows or no windows open at one time without things refreshing.

I use Linux Mint Debian Edition on one of my old iMacs, it was simple to set up.

Need each one in just 10 years doesnt speak highly of their quality haha…

For me i think if a person likes a brand ,go for it. I just personally dislike their hugely inflated prices for still made in china crap and the monopoly scam they run. For me it is more about the companys ethics more than aesthetics or quality. As such, i only buy 2nd hand phones now because they all seem to be evil bastards robbing us blind and using chinese fuckery against us and the chinese people :frowning: frankly ,pretty disgusting.

Made in India now!

2 Likes

Ohhhhh, cheers! Good to see! Going to take a lot more of that effort for a much longer time to convince me and my circles, but it is an amazing baby step in the right direction. Thanks for posting. I will now be a dick about apple with the caveat “they have one made in India now”

1 Like

To be honest I avoided them because they were expensive but quality wise I have not had better phones

I hear some of the best Samsungs could be better but they cost just as much if not more
Maybe not made by slaves in China but slaves in Korea instead

They will now be made by slaves in India

Lesser of 2 evils. Currently India isnt threatening others with war and expanding its threats. Its not just poor working considerations to take ino account. Especially for Taiwan being the bulls eye for Chinas murder machine. I’ll take koren or indian slaves over china anyday. But second hand pretty much avoids supporting any of those terrible companies unless one needs to fix them :slight_smile:

1 Like