Why don't Taiwan avocadoes have any taste?

:sob:

You’ll just have to put in a little effort and find some Hass avocados.

1 Like

More like Hass-le avacooodoos since their so pricey/ difficult to find outside of summer. At least it’s avacodo season now

I think I’ve found the source of your unsuccessful search. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

its not always that bad, give it a try once or twice and see. if it wirks, you will have guacamole, if it didnt, you have lost 80nt and 20 mins of your life.

3 Likes

Locally-grown avocados are back in season in Taiwan, and the Council of Agriculture (COA) wants consumers to know that they are bigger, cheaper, and just as delicious as the imported Hass variety.

The COA says you’re all wrong :whistle:

2 Likes

I made guacamole a couple of days ago with a local avocado (the ones that turn brown when they’re ripe). I’m not an expert, but it tasted OK to me.

1 Like

Just wanted to also post an update. I bought a huge avacodo in luzhou for about 30 nt. It wasn’t the greatest avacodo I ever ate but it was still a good avacodo and perfectly edible.

I think either they have improved, or others have been over exaggerating

2 Likes

Taiwan’s are best if you put them in the fridge right after they become soft and leave them there for about a week until the skin is all black and they’ve almost started to get those black lines inside. I eat them with a spoon like ice cream then.

You’ve been here long enough to answer that yourself…

I never actually tried them before

I bought a ripe on sale Taiwanese one from Carrefour recently, big mistake. It had streaks of black inside such that when I blended it up with a little lemon juice, it became this very unappetising grey green colour. No one in the house was touching it. Looked like some witch’s poison cake.

Lucky me. My wife’s avocado trees finally started producing this year. We had avocados daily for the last month. Better tasting than what we buy in the stores. Wife waits until ripe before she picks…which is not easy as she wraps each one while on the tree so must keep a close eye on them.

1 Like