Why is Chick-fil-A so liked?

I was curious why so many Americans (seems UK did not so well) like it? It also is cheap to open, it seems 10,000$US and easy to make money.

They have good chicken sandwiches. Their staff are generally pretty nice and makes it a nice experience. They are known for being one of the better fast food places to work for.

1 Like

But they’re closed on Sundays for the lawd gawd, which makes for an odd fast food model in my opinion.

They used to only be in the South in the US. Took off in northern states after I moved to TW

So. That doesn’t change the taste. It’s good. I prefer halal fried chicken but nothing wrong with CFA.

It’s got a following, like in-and-out. Pretty decent for fast food, but not particularly great, even for fast food. :man_shrugging: different tastes.

I looked into the requirements for opening one a few years ago when I heard how cheap they were - it’s cheap because you’re essentially buying into the general manager position of the restaurant, not buying a franchise. They’ve relaxed it somewhat, but until recently, you could only “own” 1 franchise, had to work there, and didn’t own the business.

Their sauces are good.

1 Like

Waffle fries, fried chicken burgers with a pickle that are simple and not too greasy… I don’t think it’s the best chicken chain in the world (for American chains I probably prefer Popeye’s… and they wouldn’t even rank against many Korean chains), but it’s a world better than KFC.

The waffle fries are so flavorless. Bleh. I’m not sure how they even manage to make fries so bland.

They are anti gay so many conservatives go there.

I didn’t like chick fil a because they always use chicken breast patties, but that seems to be the standard practice in the US. I like the chicken burger at mcdonalds here, they use dark meat for it. KFC Taiwan does the same. But in the US, it’s all breast meat regardless of chain (even Raising Cain).

I don’t understand why they care about sexual orientation so much. In China (or Taiwan for that matter) situations like the anti gay bakeries wouldn’t happen. No businesses will turn down a job just because the person is gay or whatever. As far as they are concerned, it isn’t their family, and so why lose money over that?

1 Like

Chicken scraps, molded in a breast shape. Patties are made with both breast and rib meat, aka ‘pink gue’.

They don’t really.
It’s a case of things getting distorted when passed along year after year. A truth turned into a half truth turned into an exaggeration turned into a myth that everyone assumes is fact.

A decade ago, give or take 5 years, they were in the press for donating to supposedly anti lgtbq organizations. They tried clarifying their charitable donations policy saying they donate to groups that support youth and families (paraphrasing).

That wasn’t enough for a very vocal group who were on the hunt at the time to shame as many establishments as they could, no matter how thin accusations actually were.

So chick fil a restructured their donations to exclude any organizations whose agenda was clearly anti lgbtq.

You can read about it here:

5 Likes

Every Popeye’s around me is garbage with garbage service.

Why read, when a meme works so well? :roll:

A very vocal meme screaming minority has been shouted down. My kid and his friends used to drive 45 minutes into Massachusetts to get CFA. Neither anti gay or nor conservative. That same group tried to prevent CFA from coming to the Albany region. Noop. Got one in the airport now.

Really? Remember the coffee chain that had taiwans president visit in the US and china flipped out so the company cowtowed? Change gay for any other trigger word and you might see how people in various countries lose their shit over truly stupid ideoloies.

Just imagine Democracy Donuts, Taiwan National Coffee or some such name in China and say they arent just as cringe worthy as the US anti gay shops. At least in the US it is just the shop owners/community’s opinions not a systemic governmental oppression (anymore…in contrast to China).

CFAs at airports are the :tent:ing worst. You’ve got an audience that has few options, and you give a slot to a company closed 14% of the time.

What if there’s a Chinese version of Chick Fil A called “Cat Fil A”

Well unless you hit the steak house any airport food is shite.

Yep, and out west you can buy their sauce in various supermarkets.

Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches are delicious. Way better than McDonald’s or other competitors.

Plus, the people who work there are nice. Good customer service counts for a lot. If I want to buy a chicken sandwich I’ll probably go to the place where they are friendly and treat me well, instead of the place where employees ignore me and act like they hate their job.

1 Like

The algorithm has caught on to this thread.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chick+gil+a+so+g&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&source=hp&ei=Ptz3YZL8JJOnptQPjOy8sAU&oq=chick+gil+a+so+g&gs_lcp=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&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:d80022ca,vid:NsJHqstPuNo,st:0

Looks nasty but the link works. :slight_smile: