Why is Head Important?

Why is having good head important? It seems sort of unnecessary to me. Besides, it usually doesn’t last very long.

While at the bar last night, watching the nonexistant head giving skills of the barperson, I thought to myself “Why is head so important?”

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Wow double entendre or what?

I can think of several reasons why good head is important…but probably none of them relate to beer.

Seriously though, at the golf club I used to wait at back in the day, the bartender told me once what the importance of a head on the beer was…but I was too busy ogling one of the female servers.

Head-related story (from the same golf club)

One day, my service captain (basically head waiter, but fancier title) was ordering a beer for a club member and the bartender was on break. Our new floor supervisor was attending the bar and got the beer for him. When she (supervisor) gave the beer to him (service captain), he made a comment about the head on it to which she replied “I’m always up for a little head…”, and promptly licked her lips then flashed him a grin…to reveal the huge gap in her teeth where some were missing!

Beer has five thousand years of history. You just don’t understand beer culture. :beer:

I believe its origin was to show the beer wasn’t flat.

one of my fondest memories of my grandma thelma is when she would crack open a can of beer and pour it into a glass, allowing a good inch or two of head. then she would sip the foam and say, “i like the foam”.

to this day when i pour a beer into a glass i think of her and sip the foam. in her honor i always say, “i like the foam”.

thanks for the memories thelma, grandmas rule.

jm

I’m willing to bet it’s as simple as that (when it comes to drinking beer.) I’m wondering what a Grand Wizard consumer of beer like Tigerman would have to say about this.

Its what you get when you can’t get a little tail??

It’s light and fluffy, and readies you for the full-body to come.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]It’s light and fluffy, and readies you for the full-body to come.

HG[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :notworthy: :notworthy:

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]It’s light and fluffy, and readies you for the full-body to come.

HG[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :notworthy: :notworthy:[/quote]
Seconded!

This post was never here.

This isn’t the post you’re looking for…

Did they give head in the bar on Tatooine?

Princess Leia may have had to while in bondage at the bar. Hence why her captor was so fat…

I’m not sure how the science works on that. Would that make a person fatter or skinnier?

I’m not sure how the science works on that. Would that make a person fatter or skinnier?[/quote]

I think beer has a lot of carbs… But as the beer drinkers. I’m a hard liquor person. :smiley:

Beer has less calories than wine, milk or orange juice.

OH! Beer… :doh: I suppose that makes sense.

reeeeeaaallly??? do you have anythign to back up this suspiciously fib sounding stat? :sunglasses:

reeeeeaaallly??? do you have anythign to back up this suspiciously fib sounding stat? :sunglasses:[/quote]

[quote=“MSNBC.com”]Some prominent nutrition experts put out new guidelines Wednesday urging Americans to cut back on calorie-rich sodas while allowing more leeway for alcohol and lots of room for tea and coffee – up to 40 ounces a day.

That’s more than three tall cups at Starbucks, although that might bust suggested limits on caffeine.

They also allow men three times as much beer as sugary soda.[/quote]
msnbc.msn.com/id/11735125/

Hu, wierd! intersting though, thanks for the link mtk

Yes.

Link