Why is Independence Bad?

I’m trying to say the DDP supporters are not mobilized by the Taidu platform.

They are mobilized by racism and anti-KMT propaganda.

All Lies!

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I’m trying to say the DDP supporters are not mobilized by the Taidu platform.

They are mobilized by racism and anti-KMT propaganda.[/quote]

AC, can you explain why you always refer to the Minjindang as the “DDP”?

Because my left middle finger is faster than my right pinky. :blush:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I’m trying to say the DDP supporters are not mobilized by the Taidu platform.

And you can prove this how? And more to the point, who said anything about their motivation - if “the people” had “lost confidence in CSB,” regardless of motivation, they wouldn’t have voted for his party.

I thought it might be deliberate as a distortion of their name to something like the Democratic Depressive or Digressive Party, or perhaps the Demoniac Degenerative Party.

[quote]I’m trying to say the DDP supporters are not mobilized by the Taidu platform.

They are mobilized by racism and anti-KMT propaganda.
[/quote]

just a conclusion from someone overwhelmingly pro-china-prc.

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“ac_dropout”]I’m trying to say the DDP supporters are not mobilized by the Taidu platform.

And you can prove this how? And more to the point, who said anything about their motivation - if “the people” had “lost confidence in CSB,” regardless of motivation, they wouldn’t have voted for his party.[/quote]

That’s why there was a 7-8% drop on voter turn out. They lost confidence in CSB Taidu agenda he was campaigning on. If he stayed moderate on the issue he might had made the pan-Green majority he was hoping for. It didn’t help matters much the USA had to warn him publicly not to push his agenda too far. (This makes me wonder if there are any proper channel of communication between USA and ROC government, or if CSB is so out of touch that he dismisses warning from the USA.)

CSB miscalculated the 80% of Taiwan that is basically for “status quo,” whether it be the “eventual independence” or “eventual unification” group, make up the vast majority of the people on Taiwan.

So the small increase only goes to show that the Hoklo propaganda is working to mobilize a new Hoklo racism on Taiwan, which is considered acceptable. And that these Hoklo Supremes might have anti-KMT grievance, but are not automatically Taidu supporters.

Which only goes to show that I’m not the only one that gives Taidu a vote of no confidence as a solution to the Strait Issue.

And you can prove this how? How can you be sure it wasn’t people sick of Lien’s idiotic ramblings or Soong’s grandstanding or Lu’s hoof-in-mouth problem.

That’s a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig leap in logic there considering there is nothing to back that up.

No, it goes to show you’ve got no problem with talking out your arse with nothing to back you.

Because the pan Blue still hold a majority. If 7-8% of pan Blues didn’t vote, it would be a pan-Green majority.

If you wish to challenge my spatial logic feel free.

Because the pan Blue still hold a majority. If 7-8% of pan Blues didn’t vote, it would be a pan-Green majority.

If you wish to challenge my spatial logic feel free.[/quote]
Not necessarily. If 7-8% of pan-blue supporters didn’t vote, maybe the blues would have a majority that’s 7-8% larger than it is now.

Testuo is correct. The legislature composition now is mostly the same as before. DPP has made a little progress, but not enough.

Assuming people vote by and large the same way they did before, then the lack of significant change in the legislature means both Pan Green and Pan Blue supporters had roughly equal decrease in voter turnout.

AC - hopefully you can follow this logic. In the absence of other evidence, this is thus far the ONLY explanation for the election.

[quote]http://www.cpod.ca/polls/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewItem&itemID=5357

Are you satisfied with Chen Shui-bian?
Yes 34%
No 51%

Do you support or oppose Chen

This may be a little off the topic, but seeing as AC_dropout is a key contributor to this thread, and just to stir the pot a little, I thought I’d share one of his posts regarding Taidu over at the China-rising.org site:

ac_dropout wrote:

[quote]Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:41 pm

I say round up all the Taidu supporters in CKS memorial park and do anther 228 or Tiananmen on them. That will solve the problem pretty quickly.[/quote]

What a nutcase this guy is!

Not really on China-rising.org they get my humor.

You should quote my flippant replies to taiwanunited.com for some really good character assassination quotes.

Or even theasf.net you’ll find some juicy bits there are as well.

Thanks ac,

It’ nice to see you’ve managed to find the humor in the 228 and Tiananmen massacres. You’re a funny guy… :loco:

[quote=“Redmenace”]Thanks ac,

It’ nice to see you’ve managed to find the humor in the 228 and Tiananmen massacres. You’re a funny guy… :loco:[/quote]

Whereas the calls by some people in here to do the same to the pan-blue supporters are just fine. :unamused:

[quote=“Poagao”][quote=“Redmenace”]Thanks ac,

It’ nice to see you’ve managed to find the humor in the 228 and Tiananmen massacres. You’re a funny guy… :loco:[/quote]

Whereas the calls by some people in here to do the same to the pan-blue supporters are just fine. :unamused:[/quote]

i don’t recall seeing anyone in here call for the massacre of pan-blue supporters nor make light of tragic/violent deaths of the same. i’ve seen people advocate for political assaults, retributions, and even total legal take-downs; but until recently, i have not seen anyone joke about and be so cavalier about deaths. there was even a mocking thread in here a while back about how a pan-green supporter died in a motorcycle accident while cheering over a pan-green billboard. :frowning:

criticizing and slamming political figures is fair game and is to be expected. but making light of and mocking the tragic deaths of thousands…no intelligent poster with an ounce of humanity would do that.

Whereas the calls by some people in here to do the same to the pan-blue supporters are just fine. :unamused:[/quote]

Such as who, exactly?

AC_Poagao, you have anything to back this up?

Please show me some examples, please.

Also, I think that the moderators would like to know, as the rules state:

[quote]Hateful posts - Hateful posts, whether racist, sexist, or whatever, are not permitted.

Threats of violence - Threats of violence are not allowed.
[/quote]

Also, remember that the mods are likely to come down on that behavior. let’s see what they can do if something like that comes up;

[quote]

In the event that these guidelines are breached, a poster may be warned, suspended or even banned, depending on the degree of offence, and the reaction of the poster to any warnings or communications received from the moderators. [/quote]