Why is the PS5 so expensive here and impossible to find?

Right, it’s all about the chippies.

1 Like

Yes it is. :bowing:

That is a fair argument, i agree.

However, enter sales. Create demand and sell more. This is quite common. Not sure how it would work with ps5, but i would expect it if they are like most other global brands.

The carrefour near me was selling PS5s, or at least had them on display. I’ll go back tomorrow and see if they have any in stock and how much they cost

1 Like

Have you tried Guanghua Digital Plaza? There might be some shops there selling it for a reasonable price (~18k)

1 Like

So you’re comparing retail price in the u.s., with 3rd party sellers in Taiwan, even though the u.s. has been in short supply and 3rd party sellers here mark up too. Makes sense. Ha.

no

I’m comparing the worldwide average retail price (including the normal retail price in Taiwan) with what is being offered now.

Worldwide, the PS5 (online edition) retails on average for about 12K NTD

Don’t buy one then. No need to get upset over someone making a buck reselling.

1 Like

I found an Xbox Series S at the digital plaza a few months ago. Paid about 9,000NT. It rules. Got six months of game pass that includes more games than I know what to do with. Definitely recommend it if you can find one in stock. Might be easier to find in stock since Xbox is not nearly as popular as PS here.

The S is getting easier to find in the US, the X is still very hard to get.

If you don’t know you can still do the Game Pass trick, buy Live memberships and convert them to Game Pass for $1 total.

1 Like

Looking to buy a PS5, ready for Battlefield 2042. Any advice where to buy this bundle in TW?

The underground Taipei City Mall game stores have some. They won’t charge more for the PS5 BUT they’ll force you to buy 2 games and a headset too. :joy:

All at full RRP prices im sure! I’m visiting from UK and expect to take it back in a few months so will have to check voltage etc as well…

PS5 is 110-240

Problem is they are unlikely to honour the warranty if brought overseas.

1 Like

Yup voltage will be fine but you’ll take a chance with future warranty coverage once you leave Taiwan

Right. Taiwanese playstations also have a Taiwan-specific model number.

Have many of you had to use the warranty? My 6 year old ps4 slim hasn’t had one problem yet… That’ll be fine

It’s still a computer that can fail within its first year. Everyone knows the RROD problems with the Xbox 360 and YLOD of the PS3. While PS5s failing is not a widespread issue, it’s still something to take into account and is a real risk.

I wouldn’t be worried about the warranty. Just about being suckered in too early before the PS5 Pro arrives. My kids play PC and Switch games mostly anyways, so no hurry to get a PS5. I won’t get fooled again. :slight_smile:

Just an fyi, the PS5 is currently next to impossible to find in Canada.

1 Like