Why is there a steady wash of pro-Trump, anti-Democrats propaganda circulating on Taiwanese social media?

The woman who helps clean my house told me earlier this week that churches in Taiwan were asking practitioners to fast and pray for the US elections coming up. While she told me a few months ago that she hates Trump, she told me earlier this week that if Biden gets elected that will be “very dangerous” for Taiwan.

I recognize I am not dealing in highly reliable sources here, but I thought this was an on-topic and interesting anecdote.

can someone move this to usa politics instead? thanks!

2 Likes

Cretins.

So you’re saying Taiwanese are cretins? :thinking:

No. I’m saying that Taiwanese who think that Trump cares for anyone but himself, are cretins.

1 Like

But a majority of Taiwanese prefer Trump over Biden.

Like they even know what’s going on in the world? The big news today is that a scooter fell over in Tainan and a foreigner was walking around naked in a 7-Eleven. Hardly at the cutting-edge of global politics.

1 Like

A bit patronizing, but OK… I think a lot of people in Taiwan are smarter than you may think.

2 Likes

The only thing that matters to Taiwanese people is the US-Taiwan relationship, so it’s rational for them to support Trump.

I, on the other hand, have to live in the United States…

I watch the local news, dude. A scooter falling over in Tainan gets way more coverage than the American political debacle. Not patronizing at all. Merely simple observation.

Nobody’s forcing you to live there. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I fail to see the logic in that. Please elaborate.

And if I judged the intelligence of people by the average quality of the news coverage in their country, I’d have a pretty dim view of literally everybody.

2 Likes

I have a dim view of figuratively everybody.

Trump has had very pro-Taiwan policies:

1. Sending highest-level cabinet officials to Taiwan ever.
  2. Letting Tsai inside a U.S. government building.
  3. Selling Taiwan advanced weaponry.
  4. Tough stand against China.

That’s all that matters to Taiwanese people. It’s rational for them to support Trump. They don’t have to deal with kids being separated along the US-Mexico border, white nationalists shooting up a Walmart with Hispanics and synagogues, etc.

Yea, Taiwanese should really care about Americas -far better than their own- immigration policy…

It’s easy to see why they would prefer trump over the stupid Báizuǒ 白左

1 Like

Any connection?

1 Like

Maybe they’ve thought it through and concluded some reciprocity would be wise.