Why should Israel care about the negative publicity

Five years ago, hell yes. Too late now.

I don’t see any chance of peace in the Middle East until BOTH sides back off and stop killing each other. I think it’ll take an international military force to keep the two apart, or the West weaning itself off oil.

The Irish managed to stop killing themselves pretty much by themselves, but it took a couple hundred years and they didn’t have as many interested parties trying to keep the shit stirring, so I’m not holding my breath for the Mid East.

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

To be fair, the cropped picture does look cleaner and clearer. And also to be fair, the “this would not be the first time that Reuters has been caught altering photos for propaganda purposes” refers to the following case (also in the foxnews article):

That was the photographer on the ground, not Reuters editorial staff, and while “the buck stops there”, it is very easy to see how Reuters editorial staff would not be able to know they were doctored, so at the very least, it is hard to call that event “intentional” by Reuters.

But yep, the knife clearly shows an amount of arming of the boat people, and if it was not shown in this picture, it should have been mentioned in the article that accompanied it and shown elsewhere.

Still: where’s the video in the MSM? The video seems pretty conclusive, the only argument I have heard against it is that it doesn’t show if the commandos started firing from the helicopter or coming down the lines.

[quote=“TwoTongues”]
Still: where’s the video in the MSM? The video seems pretty conclusive, the only argument I have heard against it is that it doesn’t show if the commandos started firing from the helicopter or coming down the lines.[/quote]

CPJ denounces Israel’s use of footage seized in flotilla raid

When Israel detained everyone on the vessel, they documented and processed everything they found. That included the footage that was taken which shows the “peace activists” with weapons attacking the commandos and they aired it/put it on youtube. That might be why the MSM hasn’t aired anything (because Israel has it so they can’t air it).

I read that article too, but it doesn’t explain why that website tigerman provided (realclearpolitics) has “aired” it, so apparently it is not banned - put youtube links on their sites all the time, so why not in this case?

The Daily show did a thing about Glenn Beck saying that Fox is the only place where they showed the Israeli raid footage, and then they proceded to show it being aired on CBS, ABC, NBC, and just everywhere. Apparently that’s one of those lies that get spread around about the dirty liberal news outlets.

The Daily show did a thing about Glenn Beck saying that Fox is the only place where they showed the Israeli raid footage, and then they proceded to show it being aired on CBS, ABC, NBC, and just everywhere. Apparently that’s one of those lies that get spread around about the dirty liberal news outlets.[/quote]
Hey I’m all for lambasting the ridiculous conservative smear campaign that the MSM is somehow more liberal than average, but I went to CNN and BBC online and I couldn’t find it. They talk about it, but I can’t find it in a search. Seems like something with so much of an impact, whether it turns out to be fully true or not, would be heavily touted.

I’m not sure. I would guess that RCP re-encoded the video and hosted on their site so they could get the clicks (and advertising dollars) instead Youtube getting them as a click through. Most of their videos look to be hosted on their website rather than on Youtube. I may be wrong on that because I don’t know the mechanics of website advertising all that well.

The Youtube version of the video is posted the same day as the RCP version, May 31st, and is from someone claiming to be the IDF Spokesperson Unit. You can see their channel here. If you compare the text on the RCP website to the Youtube description it’s identical.

I can’t give you a good answer why the MSM hasn’t been airing this like Fox has. I would guess that it’s because it was shot by the IDF, and not independent reporters, so they don’t want to be accused of spreading Israeli propaganda by pro-Palestine supporters.

All the news stations aired it. It may not be on their websites, but it was on all the news programs.

I watched it on a MSM website, CNN or BBC. Glenn Beck and Fox are full of mierda as usual. :loco:

Is mierda Spanish for pinata? Because he looks a bit like a pinata.

He’s accumulated enough bad karma through incessant lying to be reincarnated as a piñata! :noway:

i saw that repeatedly on the BBC website for about a day, and once on BBC World news (Impact Asia with Mishail Hossein, I think). Never saw it on CNN, but then it’s not my news ‘organ’ of choice.

Another photo from Mavi Marmara… the doctors were treating the soldier after his landing on the ship.

This image released by whom?

It is from the same photo set published on Reuters.
This photo shows the intension of the activists was NOT to kill the Israeli soldiers, but just defend themselves and the ship from the attack.

Edit: This photo was published in one Turkish newspaper (right click on the photo “view image”, that gives you the source)

[quote=“Prototype”]It is from the same photo set published on Reuters.
This photo shows the intension of the activists was NOT to kill the Israeli soldiers, but just defend themselves and the ship from the attack.[/quote]
I don’t see any “intention” in that photo at all, just a guy got bloody from an attack. How can you judge intent in any way at all from that photo? Because he’s not dead (yet)? How does that show intention not to kill or seriously injure, and how does that indicate in any way who attacked first and with what intensity?

He is not just a guy, he is one of the soldiers captured during the attack. If you want to kill somebody, you just leave him bleed to death not treat. You can say the soldier and the activist are the same if you look at this picture…

Seems to me that if the Israelis had intended to “attack” the “peace activists”, the IDF would not have lowered men onto the deck from helicopters.

I find it hard to believe that much time is being given to the video produced by the IDF - hardly a disinterested party. The same IDF who spent spent the crucial early days blocking access to witnesses and journalists, and continues to withhold the full, unedited footage.

Merely from the perspective of special force ops you might like to consider whether the IDF offers a more credible sequence of events, or those on the ship giving first hand accounts.

Here:

gazaflotillasurvivors.posterous. … rvivor-abb

And here:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cQ69oKF … _embedded#!

Or, you could save time and just watch an interview with some U.S. politician, who wasn’t on the ship, but knows what Israel said happened. Biden seems to have that approach nailed.