Why you want that terrifying giant spider in your house

If you have a spider indoor that is gigantic and fast congratulations, it’s a real Huntsman Spider and you should keep it!

First of all you are safe: it is shy and will not try to touch you (cockroaches on the other hand can climb on you).

Most importantly it came in your house to eat pests (mosquitoes, flies and giant cockroaches). If you house is really clean the spider will not stay.

If the huntsman spider is staying in your house, that means you’re not having a spider problem you are having a pest insect problem (probably cockroaches). Those spiders don’t eat much but a single giant cockroach can produce 150 offspring. Think about it before removing the spider.

2 Likes

The fucker ate my pet hamster

2 Likes

I rather have thousands of cockroaches than freaking spiders.

Burn it all down.

Must have been hungry.

I don’t like killing them but one fell off the wall upon the wife one night. I guess you can imagine her reaction.

We do let the little spiders stay around. At least some small insects can get eaten by them.

Hate those geckos though. I would tolerate them if they were not so loud at night, did not defecate everywhere, and did not lay eggs around our windows.

You mean those little lizardy things that grow to an inch or two? They make a lot less noise (and less poo) that true geckos. Geckos absolutely devastate the insect population. I imagine the lizards aren’t too bad either.

As for those spiders, I generally scoop them up and put them outside :slight_smile:

My house has those geckos climbing the walls and pooping everywhere…walls, floors, tables, etc. Then go to open a window you crush their eggs laid in the window groove. I appreciate their eating insects but prefer they hang around outside our doors and windows than inside.