Wife wants a restraining order

I’m also not in favor of the PI idea. The standard of evidence for proving infidelity is very high, and this would only be a path worth following if you were absolutely sure the wife was cheating and you’d exhausted all the other paths to secure freedom by having her willingly sign papers at a time of your choosing.

Honestly, I don’t think some of what has been speculated is taking place. I think that since she refuses to communicate it is rather foolish.

The whole issue could easily be resolved in a single mediated session where we lay things out and negotiate for an amicable separation. I am done with trying to reconcile…that was week 1-2 of this…but as the wife has a history of pulling this crap (not to this degree), one could easily see why I did try to contact her. One could also very easily see how being completely severed with NO contact whatsoever and a woman being completely inflexible about divorce could drive a man totally nuts. This is my wife…not a girlfriend…so I believe there is a bit more room to work with when your wife says she doesn’t want any contact.

Fine and dandy…but the marriage license I have in my possession along with the clean criminal background check I have in my possession indicate that so am not a threat to anyone…and that perpetuating the high school girl antics are very likely to piss a husband off.

I apologize for being so verbose…maybe I should not have been that detailed…but I am at a state where I have other interests right now…and she is not among them. If she wishes to sue, I will counter with the time/money lost on a Ph.D. program I had to sacrifice for “babies”. I will likely also ask for half of the business that was started while we were married…and as my YouTube/consulting ventures are self-employment I don’t imagine she could have half of it. I will of course forego going full steam with them until all is finalized.

I have crested the hill and am on the downward slope of this process where things have gotten a lot more manageable. Sure there are still “pangs” for her…but your stomach often growls when you are starving…so I don’t look at it like a big deal.

I was already on my way out with this anyway…never home…always nagging…too much makeup…too too much. And zero personality. While deleting photos I could not help but think about how grouchy she always was.

So cheers to all of you…and if anyone would like to meet up for a pint, let me know via PM. I would be happy to oblige for the sage advice and wisdom you have offered.

1 Like

To update, the restraining order was not filed. It was dropped…it took some convincing, but neither the judge nor the translator saw any good reason to file one.

jmtenet, get far far away from this woman and start your life again. I would find a way to leave the country and start up somewhere else.

Not going to leave the country with five months remaining on my APRC timer. I came here for her…I am not going to leave the country for the same reason. I am staying here for me. Many things have happened that are very good financially as a result of moving to Taiwan. I would like to keep it that way.

I am aware that this person is NOT the person I thought she was. She lost her shit when I lost my job. Definitely NOT wife material.