Will Euro recover in the next few months?

Then make your own decision. If we were to advise you and in 3 months your euro tanked you would be pissed off.

If you think rates will improve on your euro then keep it, if not then dump it now and you know how much you will have.

This situation really is annoying me…
I have 23.000 euros in a french saving account (that gives only 1 percent interest per year).
In the past month, I’ve also been hesitating to change then into ntd or yuan but I made the choice to keep them, hoping that the PIGS situation will be fixed (at least temporarily) waiting for the euro to go up again and then sell them.
I’ve asked a friend who works in investment banking, I’ve been told that the job of the ECB (European central bank) is mainly to fight inflation, and indeed the Germans still have nightmares about their 20’s huge inflation, so the euro cannot be too low, it will eventually go up.

Now 1 euro = around 42 ntd.
I know that till I haven’t sell, I haven’t lost, but please go up :pray:

That’s what I thought of doing with a large chunk of GBP when it was around 1 GBP = 67 NTD. Now it’s less than 1 GBP = 48 NTD. None of us know which way it will go so you might as well get it over with now and actually make some use of the money.

I would be bold enough to predict that the Euro will stay low for the next few months. This is because I reckon that if Greece isn’t bailed out then a flood of the things are going to hit market. If Greece does get bailed out then that’s going to increase inflation dramatically and that will also keep the Euro down.

That’s all using common sense, however markets don’t always follow common sense.

Nah, Greece will get bailed out and suffer. Same with Spain and Portugal. They won’t let the Euro break.

But until the economies are fully harmonized, this kind of crisis will happen again.

:ponder: 45 -43 =2 x 3000 = 6000 NTD .Well, still enough to wait. :laughing:

I asked my wife to buy Euro’s for 500.000 NTD last week when it was at bottom. Things will go well. I can wait a year or 2 :thumbsup:

WHEEEEE!!!

From 49NTD/Euro —>39NTD/Euro in 120 days.

A greek tragedy.

Well waddayouknow? I was right for once!

German main stream media is now openly discussing a possible breakup of the European Monetary Union (not the same as the EU), something which would have been totally impossible only a few weeks ago. Topics which could only be discussed in “wacky” blogs (like the return of the Deutsche Mark) can now be found in the country’s most respected newspapers. The pace of developments has really picked up a lot (and so has the price of gold).

I wouldn’t feel too comfortable sitting on a large pile of Euros right now (though that case could be made for all important currencies).

Just an example:

Keep in mind that most Germans have no clue whatsoever about how the economy works (they think “fractional reserve banking” is some crazy conspiracy theory). The moment the masses pick up a magazine like this and get a glimpse of the full extent of the Euro’s problems… well, I guess interesting things could happen.

1 Euro = US$1.2492. Wow!

Maybe I’ll be able to afford a trip to North Korea this year!

When investors will (be forced to) figure out that UK and USA are in even worse situation that piigs, euro will go up.

It may only go up in relation to other falling currencies however. All FIAT currencies are presently in a race to the bottom, with one overtaking another every once in a while. The best thing to be in is gold and silver if you want to gain on currency trading. Otherwise, the long term traded in FIAT is pretty predictable.

June should see a good buy in point for gold.

Euro will head down a bit more then govt support will see it head back up again towards 1.40 to 1.00 USD.

Based on the “Trillion” Euro govts are supposed to be making appear. :slight_smile:

Course I could be wrong.

It may only go up in relation to other falling currencies however. All FIAT currencies are presently in a race to the bottom, with one overtaking another every once in a while. The best thing to be in is gold and silver if you want to gain on currency trading. Otherwise, the long term traded in FIAT is pretty predictable.

June should see a good buy in point for gold.[/quote]

You’re not worried about gold and silver becoming the new bubble?

June should see a good buy in point for gold.[/quote]

You’re not worried about gold and silver becoming the new bubble?[/quote]

I will be in at least five to ten years. At the present rate of issuing FIAT there is absolutely no worry about gold becoming worth less FIAT. Its not realistically possible in the long term. Unless the masses are quite happy with their FIAT’s performance and wish to spur it on by selling the only things which are valuable. There are short term buying opportunities for precious metals, but no long term dips for the foreseeable future.

Maybe the Euro really is only worth a buck.

And what is a buck worth?

And what is a buck worth?[/quote]

0.023 grams of gold! Or in other words, less than 95% of its original worth.

[quote] May 19 (Bloomberg) – The euro sank to the weakest level in more than four years and the pound slumped to a 13-month low as Germany’s ban on some speculative sales triggered concern Europe’s debt crisis will worsen.

The yen gained against all 16 major counterparts amid heightened demand for safety after
Germany prohibited naked short-selling
and speculating on sovereign debt and the Bank of Italy allowed lenders to exclude losses on government bonds.[/quote]
About time! :bravo: