🌬 🏄 Windsurfing | Windsurfing in North Taiwan

Hello, I would like to start taking windsurf lessons and I’m living in Taipei. Do you know any place around here where they have a windsurf course AND they can do it in English?

Hi!
Did you find any place to do windsurfing close to Taipei? I’m moving there this August and I’m looking for a place too.

I didn’t find any :frowning:

Try the spot at Juhnan: spottaiwan.com/#!about-spot-en/c6d2

Its run by a Taiwanese guy whose english is good. They are open nearly every day I believe, if you want to go during the week I would call ahead.

To get there is 1:20 on the train to Jhunan, then 5 mins / 200NT in a taxi. The wind is consistent through summer and when the tide is right there is shallow water to practice while standing.

Can’t say much for north taiwan - only if you are going to a place to learn and the wind is no good you might be wasting alot of your time travelling.

Penghu is worth a look too if you have a few days.

Do you want to windsurf on the sea or inland? They do windsurfing on the Breeze (Weifeng) Canal in Luzhou, New Taipei.

Hi everyone!

I’m moving to Taiwan at the end of August and I’m looking for information about windsurfing. I’m thinking of buying a windsurfing gear instead of renting it (maybe I’m better off in the long term), do you guys know how much they charge to store it? Also, are you aware of websites where I find used equipment?

Thanks!

Last weekend we went to Fulong beach, hereby I summarize my experiences for the benefit of others. Basically to enter to the beach it costs about 90 NTD, and so you can access the rental place. They rent very basic equipment (which is so basic that they don’t bother even taking them inside the building). Where you can windsurf is actually not even the ocean, but a canal next to it, which has a bridge in the middle with several legs in the water. The rental price is 900 NTD for 3 hours by the way.

Do you have any information on the requirements of windsurfing on the Breeze Canal? (Required license or insurance) And what companies/organizations/clubs are there? If you don’t now that’s fine but I want to know who to ask before I travel there.

Not sure… haven’t been for a few years. Life gets in the way.

1 Like