Winnie the Pooh and Bieber Banned in China

Thankfully the Chinese government is saving the people from such horrendous things.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/07/22/the-curious-case-of-chinas-ban-on-winnie-the-pooh/?utm_term=.b13ee6e43c2b

1 Like

Aren’t all entertainers badly behaved?

there is a bit of a trend for the worse recently, the bieber case is pretty stupid.

Oh, I dunno. Banning Justin Bieber is a sign of advancing civilization, I reckon.

Maybe it is me, but I just cannot see the connection between Winnie the Pooh and Xi. I just do not see it. I read long ago about someone who thought Deng looked like a panda. I dunno. I just cannot see it. Maybe the CPC is getting too sensitive for its own good?

It’s actually kinda uncanny

3 Likes

Well, since you put it like that…

Hahaha :smile:

Winnie-the-Pooh is definitely a threat to Communism. Just look at some of his dangerous quotes like this one.

Some people care too much. I think it’s called love. A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1)

“Unforeseen circumstances” :idunno:

Here’s something I didn’t know:

Bieber angered many Chinese in 2014 by visiting the controversial Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo, Japan.

On that occasion, Bieber caused a stir on social media after he posted a photo of himself visiting the shrine.