Winter in Kaohsiung

I couldn’t care less what time of year it is… I can randomly Google aqi any time of year and Kaohsiung is always lit up in red or orange

1 Like

Except it won’t be. You are just too stubborn to accept it. In summer AQI in Kaohsiung is always green.

Just moved to Kaohsiung. Having spent time in most cities in Taiwan (minus Tainan), got to say, the pollution here is bad. This morning was a clear blue sky, but that’s not the average, this will be my first winter down here and honestly it’s plenty warm we’re still sleeping with a fan at night. Taiwanese friend in Pingtung says it gets a cold front that lasts a couple weeks in the winter, that’s about it. Personally, I’m looking forward to it, I’m going to die in the summer here.

1 Like

In 2020 , all year its been much better, lot of sunny days like today which is bit warm now with the sun,

1 Like

See?

Summer here , near the coast is cooler than Taipei city. I can feel the difference in the summer. Kaoshuing variance is much less from winter and summer. I take the train weekly or more so you can feel the difference. Nice there is no snow though or any temp’s below 10-15 on average (I now a few days can get colder but not many)

1 Like

quite nice today, taken 3 minutes ago, looking north and a little east.

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: can breathe better already lol

I have my disagreements with @Gain, but calling him a “propaganda artist” is some serious bullshit.

1 Like

Not bad for Kaohsiung, but not great for your lungs. That haze on the horizon is :mask:

2 Likes

If I cared about my lungs I wouldn’t have been an on and off smoker for the last 15 years lol. Still, certainly less than desirable, lived in Tokyo for a year and Kaohsiung feels worse somehow, I didn’t notice it there at all. Lot less petrol scooters.

1 Like

If anything, the air has improved from when I was last in Kaohsiung over 5 years ago. A big reason is that there were a lot of 50cc scooters then but most of them have been scrapped so that helped the air a lot. That said there is no way southern air is better than the north since a lot of factories are still in the south. Plus Taichung’s coal power plant.

You can visibly see the haze if you hop on a bus and do the north south drive, I don’t need an aqi app to tell me what I see.

1 Like

Gain hasn’t lived in Taiwan for years. When he praises his boyfriend, the air quality in Taiwan, I know it’s because, sometimes, those who are abused will defend their abusers. Gain, the next time you come back from wherever you’ve planted yourself, Vancouver?, in the winter, take a trip down to Chaozhuo and politely tell those crazy people they are lying to themselves about the air around themselves.

Gain in not in Vancouver.

Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Don’t believe your lying eyes. Kaohsiung isn’t polluted, COVID-19 is a hoax and Trump won the election.

I know.

Fuck it I’ll take Kaohsiung over Taipei in winter any day of the week. Look at the shite weather in Taipei today.

1 Like