Winter in Taitung

Thank you. Any place in Pingtung without air pollution? Probably only Kenting?

I thought that was just an online thing. :wink:

Kenting yes, still nice in winter.

1 Like

Taitung, Pingtung, Kenting. Places with high probability to experience aloneness most days of the week. Especially during the weekdays and winter.

Sometimes like that or just want to do it for a while. But thereā€™s also a high probability that thereā€™s no other choice.

1 Like

Today seems ok, I drove to Southern Taitung (junlung and LongXi) and was in Pintung this morning and back now. Better weather in Pintung, warm (now near Fanglaio but it night). Taitung (Southern) was overcast and raining off and on late afternoon and cooler than Pingtung/Kaohsuing but I enjoy the cooler temps but not the rain, but rain will clean the air. (I do not think Pingtung air is so bad, but everyone has different preferences but it seems better than Texas (Houston which the air is not good) but way worse than NZ (anywhere in New Zealand will be better than the Pingtung/Kaoshuing/Taitung) . As far air, North East Kaoshuing City has the best (looking at chart now it seems very green/good, maybe best in Taiwan tonight) but it is colder there and more remote with it being high above above urban areas.

1 Like

From fangliaonorth, pingdong air is garbage.

I would avoid the entire county quite frankly. Be it air pollution, food quality, people, government, driving whatever. Its not a great place to be unless you are doin the alone foreigner thing and not connecting to anyone on any meaningful level, then pingdong can be a party. The grey in taitung is normally water, sometimes sand. In the west it is actual pollution, dont go by just color :wink:

1 Like