Woman stuck on toilet for two years, police say

Hard to believe, and somewhat disgusting:

[quote][b]
Woman stuck on toilet for two years, police say

Story Highlights[/b]
35-year-old woman’s skin had grown around the lid of the toilet, police say
Official: Toilet seat had to be pried off her body, seat went with her to hospital
Boyfriend claims he bought food, water to girlfriend who refused to leave bathroom
Police found woman with pants at mid-thigh, disoriented, legs atrophied

WICHITA, Kansas (AP) – Deputies say a woman in western Kansas became stuck on her boyfriend’s toilet after sitting on it for two years.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman’s skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

“We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital,” Whipple said. “The hospital removed it.”

continued here[/quote]

That just has to be prime contender for weirdity of the year!

April 1 already?

Wow, it took the boyfriend only two years to report this? What a brave soul indeed. Any chance that he or she might receive a congressional medal of sorts? I mean the trauma, the suffering, both mental and physical, must have beem severe. She could possibly even sue the toilet manufacturer for failing to warn users not to sit the seat for periods exceeding 1 year and 6 months.

I mean, after all, it IS America.

How could a person sit on a toilet long enough to grow around it? That seems physically impossible to me. I mean, I get uncomfortable in my favorite easy chair after a while. And what the heck kind of “boyfriend” just keeps feeding ya and leaves you there? I bet there will be an episode of Springer all about these people.

I don’t think the article says, but I’m guessing she’s obese.

I would guess there’s also something wrong with her head.

I’m not medically trained but I guess that after sitting on toilet seat is nearly impossible … gangrene would set it after 14 days or so … after two months the legs would fall off … all due to suppressed blood circulation …

I don’t think the article says, but I’m guessing she’s obese.

I would guess there’s also something wrong with her head.[/quote]

I would guess those same things, but what I meant was more like it would seem excruciatingly painful to maintain that position for so long. And I can’t help but think that, ironically, the bowles would stop functioning eventually if one never moved from the toilet. Especially if a person was obese enough to grow around the toilet. Hopefully, it’s just a tragic hoax.

Do they have anything to go on ?

if you dont walk and you’re sitting as opposed to lying your thigh pumps wont work so the blood will pool around your ankles… after only 2 days you’d have ankles like grapefruits…after 2 years??

Assuming this article is true and her pants were around her ankles (how about her underwear?) and she was seated for the entire two years, she must have hemorrhoids growing like grapes.

Sorry, it had to be said!

The article said that her skin had grown and connected to the toilet, which is why they had to cut the seat off to rfree her. Umm, you don’t think that was her 'roids, do you?

HG

She doesn’t know how good she had it, around my place I’m lucky if I can get 2 fuckin minutes on the bog without interruption…

Haha I can’t believe I’m missing my booty sleep by reading this thead.

I’m just thinking her fat grew over the rims (ahem) of the “0” but because she was seated, that puts a strain on her anus, hence I’m thinking after two years it prolly would be roid city. That same position prolly also alleviated her roid pains. Again, the straining…

Straining too much, sitting too much, childbirth lead to hemorrhoids hence my initial thought.

Anyhoo, it’s a slow day. Surely, I’m wasting too much brain cells on this news item. Obviously there was some abuse going on the article isn’t telling us.

I have read that overly obese people who lay on their bed for years have pens, remote controls, food, etc. embedded in their fat that doctors have to remove. Freaky.

Some women will go to any lengths to make sure the seat stays down.

:laughing:

Nice!

two nutcases in that house at least.

one can sit for years in one spot without gangrene, the circulation changes over time. wheelchair usesrs sit all day without blood pooling in their feet, and they definitely have muscle atrophy.

the story is more than possible, but it is strange that no one called her bluff after a week. some photos would be good.

I’ll bet it turns out to have been a hoax.

What are you talking about? You read it, didn’t you? It was right there on the Internet. How could it be a hoax? :loco:

National Enquirer?

UFO Daily?

I’m calling hoax or mental illness all round.