Woman's racist physical assault on black child - am I wrong to think the reaction is overblown?

The question is, why did she think that?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is saying that

Yes, it could be that he was black, but maybe not. Correlation does not prove causation etc. Maybe because he was a teenager, maybe because she lost her phone and he was the first one she saw and she presumed it was hers. Who knows, but just because he is black does not make it a default to racism.

1 Like

She sure didn’t.

If there wasn’t an apparent reason, it’s going to be a tough sell. Anyway, she seems to be in legal trouble for assaulting the kid.

2 Likes

Of course she didn’t

For me I would guess the cancel culture of today is like the modern coliseum, it’s not about justice they enjoy seeing a person destroyed and the internet provides a means for everyone to be the audience watching in real time. I suspect they enjoy the power that comes with it too and of course they will always be looking for another target to cancel.

3 Likes

It certainly seems that way.

1 Like

isn’t this a little more slapstick, though?

either way, i love a good circus

Certainly was assault on a minor. She seems a bit psycho anyway.

3 Likes

People who liked to kick down are being told their behavior is not acceptable, and they don’t like it.

But it’s more than that.

And did she know he was a teen? If you told me he was 27 I would believe you. At that point is it kicking down? Who knows if she even likes it.

1 Like

You’re completely missing the point. This is exactly why this is an issue. Black people are sick and tired of being the go-to felon suspects every time shit goes down. This is what is happening to them over and over on a daily basis. A black man in the wrong place at the wrong time is likely to end up in gaol without any presumption of innocence.

5 Likes

If he had the mind of an adult she would get an ass kicking , he looks physically stronger than her. He was probably terrified. I do agree it is hard to tell the age, but definitely assault. Probably will get a few weeks.

1 Like

I still feel we should be innocent until proven guilty in both the eyes of the law and our peers.

1 Like

I agree, but if that is not assault I will eat my hat. :grinning:

I believe it was assault.

Of course @the.shoemaker. However, it needs to be borne in mind that black men do get shot by law enforcement when they have done little or nothing wrong. There are very few examples of successful prosecutions after these events. The law tends to protect law enforcement officers who, in my mind understandably shoot to kill given the circumstances, but people need to be aware of the possible consequences.

Right I know this, but that’s not really what I’m talking about.

And yes, that is terrible. That is why I have now twice said :

She shouldn’t be punished by the online mob. Everyone should be treated fairly. Yeah?