Women in Politics

[quote=“fred smith”]Alien:

I see your point but see mine. Why is it so important that women or Blacks or Hispanics do anything? Why not fight to get the BEST PEOPLE in the positions to give us the BEST GOVERNMENT that we can have? That’s all I am saying. When are YOU running for office? hee hee hee[/quote]

Does that mean you think I’m a worthy candidate? :wink:

Funny you should say that. Just as 9-11 spurred you to become avidly (and reactively) interested in politics, the Bush reich has assaulted my sensibilities so I feel helpless in Taiwan, and utterly useles. I’m actually thinking about going back to the US (of all places) to become a dadgum activist! Imagine that. The very things that drove me away are somehow calling me back.

And when you say BEST people, what the hell is Bush there for? It’s just like Ms. Swift says, they grow them young, and it’s even an inherited trait among some white male politicians in the US. Few women, and likely fewer minorties are groomed for political candidacy as is the way of the old boys networks. Which means that we are NOT always getting the BEST people in office, we’re getting the ones who were molded and polished to be there. The ones who KNOW how and where to beg for campaign contributions and have NO qualms about going for slots they’re not qualified for. I guess it does take balls. :unamused:

Alien…believe me. I really do believe women should be in positions of power.

ALL HORIZONTAL!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BF,
You’re such a wanker! :unamused:

[quote=“Alien”]BF,
You’re such a wanker! :unamused:[/quote]

Only when I’m nude and thinking about you, darlin’! :laughing:

Now where’s my pie???

I’ll have your ass banned so fast for cybersexually harrassing me, you won’t know what to do with yourself. You might have to sign up again as faceblue999!

I’m all for women in politics … unless it’s Annette Lu … but then again I don’t think a harpy really could classify as a woman …

You said “ass”.

[quote=“Alien”]BF,
You’re such a wanker![/quote]

Isn’t “wanker” a sexual insult? Just who (if anyone) is “cybersexually harrassing” who here? Hmmmmm?
:cry: :cry: :cry:

[quote=“blueface666”]

Isn’t “wanker” a sexual insult? [/quote]

No, ‘wanker’ is just an insult. :mrgreen:
Now, go lift some seashells.

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“blueface666”]

Isn’t “wanker” a sexual insult? [/quote]

No, ‘wanker’ is just an insult. :mrgreen:
Now, go lift some seashells.[/quote]

It’s raining today. :frowning: Got to stay in and do some work this morning…of well, the beer is cold! :laughing:

So you want to be a useless and helpless activist back in the US? Why?? There are already plenty of useless, hapless, helpless leftist activists in the US. Just look at the Dean campaign. :smiling_imp:

Seriously, though, have you considered taking your activism and doing something useful with it instead? Go teach Iraqi children how evil Bush & Co. is; they could use an education on the subject of ignorant Americans, and giving them a grounding in English will help them redevelop their country in the coming years. Your fellow leftist advocacy groups have all pulled out in the hope of embarassing Bush by letting Iraq fester and fail, so you would have an open field.

[quote=“MaPoDoFu”]

Seriously, though, have you considered taking your activism and doing something useful with it instead? Go teach Iraqi children how evil Bush & Co. is; they could use an education on the subject of ignorant Americans, and giving them a grounding in English will help them redevelop their country in the coming years. Your fellow leftist advocacy groups have all pulled out in the hope of embarassing Bush by letting Iraq fester and fail, so you would have an open field.[/quote]

No, it’d be slightly more fruitful to analyze the left hemisphere of your brain, and those like you in order to make sure that the susceptibility to arrogant white male reacitivist terrorism is wiped out at a very early age.
Oh, and don’t you know anything about the politics of teaching English as an international language is a plot to commit mass linguicide? :unamused:

[quote=“Alien”]The Glass Ceiling

[quote]

Technology

BF and Alien (sorry) that was hilarious.