Women's Forum - Are private forums necessary?

Just create a special men-only forum, then. You won’t hear any complaints from me.

The moderator(s) of the women forum will verify your identity. How they do that is a strictly guarded secret though. :wink:[/quote]

Women are all so full of secrets. Nevermind. :slight_smile:

I really like the woman forum, I think it’s a great idea, for us to talk about relationship problem, personal issues… and of coures, where is the best salon on Taiwan!!! :bravo:

Somethings men just weren’t made to know about.

I don’t know about this. I work with women (there’s one other male foreign teacher) and they pretty much talk about everything, and it doesn’t bother me much. Usually when men say they don’t want to hear about it, the topic is menstration or yeast infections or some other bodily function/malfunction.

Most men never get over the fact that women have the same bodily functions, more of less, that they themselves do. They fear hearing about those things would make women less attractive to them. :loco:

Sorry, but when my wife belches, birds fly off the trees outside. I applaud and say “Good one babe!”

I honestly think men should be flies on the wall more and listen to what women do talk about, as it surely is not all about men (HA!), and also HOW the female of the species talk to each other on any subject…ie, with a hell of a lot more civility and much less aggressiveness than men do.

And when women DO talk about what they want from men, I find it interesting that recognition and respect are still on the top of their list for what women want.

Why not post the less personal stuff in the open forum then? Guys know when good salons are too. We drop our wives off there, and the places for the best massage/facial too. :slight_smile:

Come on ladies, let us back into the cave. :slight_smile:

Call it Femosa?

Perhaps it was that there were a lot of men only gyms and not enough out there that women could use them?

But then, a double standard is a double standard. So I’m glad to hear the ladies posting on this thread so far have been in favor of a men’s only forum if we were to want one. :bravo:

But then, what man wants to just talk to other guys on the internet? Aren’t we all hoping the person on the other end is a hot babe who gets dazzled by our scintillating repartee and just can’t wait to make the connection physical? :bouncy:

I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be in favor of you guys having a man’s only forumosa. I think the only reason we have a woman’s only and no man’s only is that we have a proactive woman…

It was actually started because women felt our voices being crowded out of discussions and felt that many women’s issues were being subjected to derision by some of the male posters of forumosa. There were quite a few men only spots on the site, but not many where women felt that they could voice themselves freely. These echoed sentiments among female posters back in the day are why the Women’s Forum was started. Maybe things have gotten a little more women-friendly, but I think there are things that we women share in our experiences here on the Women’s Forum that we would not feel as comfortable sharing in say, the Open Forum where it would get a wider audience. There’s also a different feel there because of the lack of male participation. When guys get together to talk about a problem, they often do so because they want a solution. When women get together to talk about a problem, they often do so because they want a sympathetic ear. It happens in the public forums sometimes, but as a woman, you’re guaranteed to get a more sympathetic response in the woman’s forum without any flaming or trolling. Maybe it’s the light version of forumosa. The kind that is the collorary for the IP forum and the posting styles and attitudes found in there.

Well, I think this is a good point. I like the fact that several “women’s threads” have been started in the past few days. Sometimes we gents do have a little sympathy to give…maybe even some empathy. :slight_smile:

Keep it up ladies.
You complete us. :slight_smile:

jds,
in the cave doorway, shifting my weight on my feets
ugh

Just to say I believe the Women’s Forum owes its existence to Alien (it was before my time), who has managed to escape since, which is why I’m looking after it.

I also have no objection to a Men’s Forum, but as I’ve said before, how would you tell the difference? :slight_smile:

I would be in favor to a men’s only forum. I volunteer as the mod for the forum and people would have to go through me to get it. It’s the only fair thing to do.

I think that you should have to arm-wrestle Frost to get in. Anyone who loses doesn’t get in. There should also be a rule that anyone who disrespects the Men’s Forum Mod by beating him in an arm-wresting match can’t join. This is going to be an exclusive club.

I think that you should have to arm-wrestle Frost to get in. Anyone who loses doesn’t get in. There should also be a rule that anyone who disrespects the Men’s Forum Mod by beating him in an arm-wresting match can’t join. This is going to be an exclusive club.[/quote]

Hm, is Richardm giving out lessons? I missed the email memo.

Hm, is Richardm giving out lessons? I missed the email memo.[/quote]

I don’t think so. From what I hear, Richardm hasn’t given a single arm-wrestling lesson since they made that movie about his truck-driving days…

Apparently he was so upset with certain aspects of the film that he has basically gone into arm-wrestling retirement, and even refuses to talk about that part of his past. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a number of Forumosans who didn’t even know about it.

A men’s forum would be stupid. There is absoulutely no need.

Your just saying that to steal my glory, since you want to be mod of it!

What is with this “Women only Forum”? How is that fair? Is this equality? Could we then start a “Men Only”, “Whites Only”, “Blacks Only”, “Chinese Only”, “Muslim Only”, “Christian Only”, or any other such site here? There is equality and then there is “MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS” equality.

I thought that this was an equal opportunity site. How can it be so if exclusive clubs such as this are allowed. Does that mean that women have more rights or are more equal than others? I believe in another topic the discussion of rights came up. The words used were about “double standards”. It seems to me here that there is definetely a double standard.

The quote was “What bothers me more than the nudity is the opportunity for a double standard to exist”.erhu Now does the whole idea of an exclusive club not go against that very train of thinking? Is it fair?

What do you think out there?

Why are you complaining? Is it because you are not part of the forum? You feel left out??

When women post here about some sensative / embrassing issues, posters (mostly men) makes fun of the posts and questions. I don’t know how it got started but I think it’s not a bad idea.

That was the original intent (and I believe that recent debate has once more demonstrated the need for such a forum). Women are underrepresented on Forumosa, and are often unable to freely discuss, well, “women’s stuff” in front of the “guys”. Just do a search on “white woman” and see what comes up, for example. :noway:

We women have no problem if you want a men’s only forum. It will only look and sound like the IP forum anyway… :smiley: